amuck-landowner

Welcome to vpsBoard! (Read this first)

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Hey everyone, welcome to vpsBoard! As you can tell, this is a new community, created as a central and alternate resource to all things regarding Virtual Private Servers. Whether you're a consumer seeking help, a business owner discussing virtualization methods, or just the avid hobbyist you're bound to fit right in and find topics relevant to your interest.

As a new community content is low, and things may change. We seek community suggestions on how to keep this place a quality resource and encourage active discussion and recruiting to bring new members in.

Remember, this is a place to talk about Virtual Private Servers. Linux. Windows. Low end or high end, it doesn't matter. If it's related to Virtual Servers, you're in the right place.

With that said, welcome to vpsBoard, and we hope that you enjoy your stay.

Links of interest: vpsBoard Guidelines

Last edited by a moderator:

vpsnewb

This is a dummy account that exists to help create some content during the early stages of the forum. Hi everyone!

HalfEatenPie

The Irrational One
Retired Staff
*Cough*  Hey Admin!  You should probably change the link to not include /dev/ folder!  

Glad to be here by the way!  Looking quite spiffy! 

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
*Cough*  Hey Admin!  You should probably change the link to not include /dev/ folder!  

Glad to be here by the way!  Looking quite spiffy! 
Glad to see you here HalfEatenPie. The link in question has been fixed, I posted that back when everything was still in the /dev/ folder. =]

Open to any suggestions you may have on how to make this a worthwhile place.

HalfEatenPie

The Irrational One
Retired Staff
Out of curiosity, is there going to be rules and regulations for the industry news section?  Or will it just be a free for all? 

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Out of curiosity, is there going to be rules and regulations for the industry news section?  Or will it just be a free for all? 
Yes, probably will be some rules so it's not abused just for providers to say, "We have more stock!". I want it to be used for announcements such as mergers, takeovers, dead pooling, new location announcements, "XYZ Provider now offers KVM", etc. Would also be the place for other industry news such as SolusVM updates (Can't wait!), other software related to the industry, etc.

I'm not promoting vpsBoard anywhere at this very moment, but plan on dedicating some time tonight and the rest of the week to getting things setup properly. Let me know if you'd like to help. B)

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Hi MannDude, 

Are you going to put some ads in the future?

/kidding
Actually I may, but only for providers who are active on the forum. They'll be free, so long as a provider maintains a helpful presence they may get a button in rotation somewhere.

But for now, no need to have ads.

Once the site grows to a level where it costs more to run than I want to pay out of pocket there may be some things in place in order for me to not go broke over this site, but they won't be super intrusive.

EDIT: Welcome to vpsBoard!

EDIT #2: We don't have a 'Thanks' button, but we do have reputation! That green arrow controls that. You can also still tag members by using the member tag.

Code:
[member=Andri]
results in this: Andri

amuck-landowner