• Announcements

• MannDude

Current state of vpsBoard   02/04/2017

Dear vpsBoard members and guests:

Over the last year or two vpsBoard activity and traffic has dwindled. I have had a change of career and interests, and as such am no longer an active member of the web hosting industry.

Due to time constraints and new interests I no longer wish to continue to maintain vpsBoard. The web site will remain only as an archive to preserve and showcase some of the great material, guides, and industry news that has been generated by members, some of which I remain in contact to this very day and now regard as personal friends.

I want to thank all of our members who helped make vpsBoard the fastest growing industry forum. In it's prime it was an active and ripe source of activity, news, guides and just general off-topic banter and fun.

I wish all members and guests the very best, whether it be with your business or your personal projects.

-MannDude
MannDude

New signature guidelines.

57 posts in this topic

FYI Just in case people were curious, we did consider the community's opinions highly (I mean come on, we wouldn't be here without all your lovely faces!).  If you have any issues please feel free to message any one of us.  

I'm going to link this here just for documentation purposes: http://vpsboard.com/topic/881-poll-signature-regulation-unofficial-poll/

Fixed my sig but can't figure out how to control the spacing. It looks rather odd for some reason.

These rules suck. I heard SeriesN had a fantastic 800x1600 banner that was a big Cereal box with his product information on it, but now he can't use it :(

Kidding of course. Nice website you got there now :)

can recommend using the mobile view if the signatures are distracting you.

With the mobile view all signatures are blocked. :)

can recommend using the mobile view if the signatures are distracting you.

With the mobile view all signatures are blocked. :)

Or put your mouse over any sig and click the X in the top right corner. You can turn off all signatures, or just ones that really bother you (which there shouldn't be any of now). A brilliant feature in IP.Board, IMHO.

Hey, @MannDude, why do you have nine lines in your signature (including whitespace lines) :P

These rules suck. I heard SeriesN had a fantastic 800x1600 banner that was a big Cereal box with his product information on it, but now he can't use it :(

Kidding of course. Nice website you got there now :)

AHH DAMN IT! 0sivu6j.jpg

You had to reveal my master plan.

HATERS GONNA HATE BUT THAT CEREAL SURE LOOKS GOOD!

1 person likes this

Hey, @MannDude, why do you have nine lines in your signature (including whitespace lines) :P

If you include whitespace, it looks more like ten lines to me (two blank spaces after "-MannDude"). But it doesn't matter, 'cause he's the boss.

If you include whitespace, it looks more like ten lines to me (two blank spaces after "-MannDude"). But it doesn't matter, 'cause he's the boss.

For the sake of being fair, I will change mine as well then. ;)

1 person likes this

Rules for signatures is good especially the rule with images .

Good guide lines, can be annoying when people have 10 lines with 100 different colors.

- Alexander

I completely agree with the new guidelines. It is very desruptive to have graphics and logos in your face while reading a long thread. Having some text and a link or two makes sense for providers and if someone is interested in more info they click the link. Anything more than that is just bloat.

Good rule! Will make it more eye pleasing.. lol

Out of curiosity, do images include Unicode pictographs, such as these?

My upside down text broke. :(

I think 3 line is enough  :) love kaniini signature, simple!

Out of curiosity, do images include Unicode pictographs, such as these?

Some of the more basic ones will work, I believe.

My upside down text broke. :(

Really? We've not done anything that I believe would have broke it (unless it was an image).

I think 3 line is enough  :) love kaniini signature, simple!

Me too, nice and clean. :D

Just re-added it and now it works!

¡ʎddɐɥ os ɯɐ ı ¡ɥɐɹooɥ

So does that mean fire shooting sigs are now banned? Darn... :P