amuck-landowner

Meet Martin, the other vpsBoard admin. Ask him stuff.

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
He didn't want to start this, so I'm doing it for him!

MartinD is the other vpsBoard admin, being able to do all the things MannDude does. Only thing I know about him is that he's Scottish.

Ask him stuff!

Last edited by a moderator:

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Martin, on a scale from 1 to Groundskeeper Willie, just how Scottish are you?

5n1p

just how Scottish are you?
I guess you mean: how often he wears "Kilt"? :)

Well I ask are you employed in any hosting company?

P.S. Disregard my question I see on your profile minivps.

HalfEatenPie

The Irrational One
Retired Staff
What's your favorite scottish whiskey? What's your favorite alcoholic drink overall?  

Now on to inappropriate questions.

Would you rather fight 100 duck sized horses or 1 horse sized duck?

MartinD

Retired Staff
Verified Provider
Retired Staff
What did Nessie say when you visited?
Well, after a brief discussion she did request that I keep our conversation quiet so I can't really divulge anything.

Lets just say I'll be back there in September to say hello.

MartinD

Retired Staff
Verified Provider
Retired Staff
I guess you mean: how often he wears "Kilt"? :)

Well I ask are you employed in any hosting company?

P.S. Disregard my question I see on your profile minivps.
Yep - Director of Xavvo of which miniVPS is a trading name :)

MartinD

Retired Staff
Verified Provider
Retired Staff
What's your favorite Scottish tradition?
Quite a lot to be honest though some may not necessarily be traditions. I love our New Year's Eve street party on Princes Street in the Capital. I like 'first footing' - after the bells you can walk in to your neighbours house and you get a drink and some nibbles. Perhaps, most of all, I like the fact us Scots are proud to wear kilts and do so for weddings, rugby matches etc. It's pretty impressive seeing a stadium full of guys wearing kilts cheering on a team :)

MartinD

Retired Staff
Verified Provider
Retired Staff
What's your favorite scottish whiskey? What's your favorite alcoholic drink overall?  

Now on to inappropriate questions.

Would you rather fight 100 duck sized horses or 1 horse sized duck?
I'm not a whiskey drinker but I do like Black Label Chivas Regal. Overall favourite alcoholic drink would be dark rum... or any number of cocktails I tend to make on a weekend when it's sunny :)

I'm an animal lover so wouldn't fight either!

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
If you were to travel to America, what would you like to see? What would you like to avoid? :

Also congrats on 200 posts.

MartinD

Retired Staff
Verified Provider
Retired Staff
I want to go to Yosemite and travel route 66. Quite like to visit New York too, just to tick it off the list. To he honest the US doesn't hold much for me. Canada on the other hand...

Nothing really I'd want to avoid. Scots are loved everywhere!

SkylarM

Verified Provider
I want to go to Yosemite and travel route 66. Quite like to visit New York too, just to tick it off the list. To he honest the US doesn't hold much for me. Canada on the other hand...

New York state or New York City *rimshot*

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder

You need to come see the 'real' America. Let me take you to a rural Wal-Mart and we'll people watch. Then we'll go out to the shooting range and spend a few hours shooting guns. Get drunk and watch a demolition derby or a monster truck rally. Finish the day off by going to the strip club that also has a 24/7 breakfast buffet. That's right, pancakes and bacon at 11:30PM while some girl works her way through college.

And yeah, I don't blame you, Canada would be better.

American west is pretty scenic. The middle is pretty boring, hence people refer to those as 'fly over states'. The east coast, from what I gather, is kinda 'meh'. You can go watch crack junkies in New Jersey and self-involved assholes in pretty much any city. :p Florida is basically a giant swamp full of old people and crazies, haven't been to the Gulf Coast but when I was in Mississippi earlier this year the waffle house had an armed guard inside. The south does have some really scenic historic sites, but they're all old plantations that had slaves so it's somewhat morbid. Lot of cool old colonies on the east coast though, and some nice historic sights as well. But America is too young to have any really 'neat' historic sights.

HalfEatenPie

The Irrational One
Retired Staff
Finish the day off by going to the strip club that also has a 24/7 breakfast buffet. That's right, pancakes and bacon at 11:30PM while some girl works her way through college.

The hell is this.  Breakfast food at a strip club?  What else do you need?

You know, I actually never went to a strip club that served food... 

amuck-landowner