• Announcements

• MannDude

Current state of vpsBoard   02/04/2017

Dear vpsBoard members and guests:

Over the last year or two vpsBoard activity and traffic has dwindled. I have had a change of career and interests, and as such am no longer an active member of the web hosting industry.

Due to time constraints and new interests I no longer wish to continue to maintain vpsBoard. The web site will remain only as an archive to preserve and showcase some of the great material, guides, and industry news that has been generated by members, some of which I remain in contact to this very day and now regard as personal friends.

I want to thank all of our members who helped make vpsBoard the fastest growing industry forum. In it's prime it was an active and ripe source of activity, news, guides and just general off-topic banter and fun.

I wish all members and guests the very best, whether it be with your business or your personal projects.

-MannDude
xBytez

The cesspit / chat thread.

1,221 posts in this topic

App fad is entirely, ummm, waste of life and BW.   

I like walking around with a giant satellite bag phone and when people look at me strange, I tell, FU I am talking to outer space.

I like walking around with a giant satellite bag phone and when people look at me strange, I tell, FU I am talking to outer space.

Made my night. If you are ever in the big city, dinner is on me or at the least, Jarland special, burritos.

Made my night. If you are ever in the big city, dinner is on me or at the least, Jarland special, burritos.

I haven't been in NYC since immigration or something a long time ago.  Damn asphalt jungle isn't my thing.

However burritos, now we are talking.  

Will have to invite everyone down to planet Texas when I get my ranch together. Burritos, booze,  big guns, loud music... ahhh blackneck paradise.   Can't we Ethiopians be rednecks too?  Plus we have genuine Mexicans who make some kick a!! burritos.  

I haven't been in NYC since immigration or something a long time ago.  Damn asphalt jungle isn't my thing.

However burritos, now we are talking.  

Will have to invite everyone down to planet Texas when I get my ranch together. Burritos, booze,  big guns, loud music... ahhh blackneck paradise.   Can't we Ethiopians be rednecks too?  Plus we have genuine Mexicans who make some kick a!! burritos.

Inb4 @Jarland crashes the party with his Dodge.

Inb4 @Jarland crashes the party with his Dodge.

Diesel big rigs.

spammer 

Order was denied because of the previous reports 

Making us aware that potential client was A Spammer 

Thanks fraud record

Really useful information. (NOT). Some people don't know how to report on fraudrecord.

MFmroHy.jpg

My town has a boil water advisory right now. Yay! They suggest boiling your water for 5 minutes before using it. Well, this morning I wanted a glass of tea. So I boiled the water, steeped my tea in my mug and enjoyed. Thinking the water has cooled off, I go back to check so I can give my cats some clean drinking water and this is what was in the pot... Yikes. I just drank that. Keep in mind that was a clean pot too, so note the sediment build up on the sides and bottom... Stomach feelin' funky now.

I love free things

How do you have internet

Internet Censorship! Will not be tolerated! I should be allowed to give as many like as I want to.

You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day

1 person likes this

Can this place be as cool as LET and have all those thanks, no thanks, yes, no, maybe, like, hate, screw you, your mom and popcorn buttons? Once you exceed your quota you can just move to the next one.

1 person likes this

MFmroHy.jpg

My town has a boil water advisory right now. Yay! They suggest boiling your water for 5 minutes before using it. Well, this morning I wanted a glass of tea. So I boiled the water, steeped my tea in my mug and enjoyed. Thinking the water has cooled off, I go back to check so I can give my cats some clean drinking water and this is what was in the pot... Yikes. I just drank that. Keep in mind that was a clean pot too, so note the sediment build up on the sides and bottom... Stomach feelin' funky now.

Yikes....  You need to keep bottled water on hand always.  Municipal water is real nasty.   Fecal matter in all muni water and tons of psycho meds.

I do rain catchment and have a bunch of different filters used for different things.  Ends up all drinkable when done and never any surprises.

Yikes....  You need to keep bottled water on hand always.  Municipal water is real nasty.   Fecal matter in all muni water and tons of psycho meds.

I do rain catchment and have a bunch of different filters used for different things.  Ends up all drinkable when done and never any surprises.

If I didn't live in an apartment/duplex I'd be less reliant on city water. I hate living in the city, I want to get out to the countryside where the freedom and night sky is. We do have bottled water on hand, though I don't use it when cooking or when brewing tea or coffee or to water my cats. I'm a bit of a 'prepper' my self, though not too extreme at this time. Basically have acquired a decent stock of canned goods and ammo, and now have a backpacking backpack stocked with a tent, sleeping bag, tarp, rip cord, poncho, nice hunting knife, swedish army fire-starter, flashlight and tomorrow the backpacking stove, cook set, hatchet and first aid kit come in. After that, all I need to top it all off is some MREs, a couple cans of beans, and other easy to make food as well as some water purification tablets and random small/misc items. I couldn't find a good canteen on Amazon, probably will go to an army surplus store and get something worthy of holding a couple quarts of water there. 

Speaking of ammo/guns, may be getting a Smith & Weston 4566TSW later today. Need to make it back out to the range soon. Was out there a couple weeks ago and packed my old Ruger Standard, great gun, love it's style and it's cheap/easy to shoot but it kept jamming on me. Last summer it was great, could fire couple hundred rounds through it in one sitting. Then it started to jam, so took it home, cleaned it. It still continues to jam now. Need to take it to a gunsmith I suppose. But if I get that S&W today, that'll be great to.

From NYC, live tonight.

Eh?

I hate living in the city, I want to get out to the countryside where the freedom and night sky is.

I would go crazy having to reside in the countryside.

I would go crazy having to reside in the countryside.

That's where all the good times are man! Can shoot guns, have fires, drive go-karts around or four-wheelers. Can have live music outside and not disturb the neighbours because they're mile or away. Can walk around your property butt ass naked, if you wanted to.

That's disgusting.

Sort of like what it's like working as the IT guy in certain offices :P