amuck-landowner

ChicagoVPS

Status
Not open for further replies.

shovenose

Verified Provider
This isn't going into the reviews section because it's more than a review. Even though let me start by saying that I have a name server VPS with ChicagoVPS and it's been great. Even though I am looking for a good recommendation on where to host that since I don't think they deserve any more of my money.

Now, here's what happened. I ordered a dedicated server. I got access to it like a week later. From the start, it had a faulty BBU or RAID card (I think BBU, but I really am not sure). IO on four SSDs was like 400, not acceptable.

Finally, some really nice guy, Thomas Leonard, starting replying to the ticket like yesterday. Last night (in my time) right before I went to sleep, he said he'd look into it. I woke up to a message saying they were unable to fix it, but they got me a new server.

The IO of that one was like 600-something. Still not good but I would have lived with it. But they gave me the Xeon E3-1240v2, not the E3-1270v2. At this point I got fed up, (even though I remained fairly polite and patient throughout the entire ticket), and started trying to get a refund, after I realized the server would be of no use to me in its current state. Do I really care about the 40 vs 70 CPU? Well, $20/month discount would have been fair or more. However, after this debacle and the way they handled all this, I do not entrust them to host my customers. My customers are important to me - if there ever was something wrong I am not confident they would resolve in a good or fast manner, thus hurting my customers, my company, and of course me and my reputation.

I'll add a complete screenshot, with my personal info removed, in a couple of minutes.

Damian

Verified Provider
Finally, some really nice guy, Thomas Leonard, starting replying to the ticket like yesterday.

Fuck yes, i'm lovin' me some Tom Leonard, he's the shit. I wish they'd put him on dayshift so I don't have to deal with Luc anymore.

The IO of that one was like 600-something. Still not good but I would have lived with it.
Soooooo... what are you expecting?

Do I really care about the 40 vs 70 CPU? Well, $20/month discount would have been fair or more.

That's quite a discount... what warrants a > 10% discount?

TBH, I think your expectations are out of line. They're a budget datacenter selling budget products, so you get budget services. This works for most of us. If you want dick-sucking service, I would recommend a more 'premium' datacenter.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mun

Never Forget
IDK what I was going to type here, but it was along the lines of, you are just complaining to complain.

Amitz

Well, Chris might be a great dick sucker... For a budget price! That's service! :)

shovenose

Verified Provider
To AGAIN clarify since it's apparently hard to understand: I paid ChicagoVPS/NWNX and NOT ColoCrossing.

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
To AGAIN clarify since it's apparently hard to understand: I paid ChicagoVPS/NWNX and NOT ColoCrossing.
Were you submitting tickets to ChicagoVPS and getting responses from Colocrossing employees?

You know I'm going to ask for screenshots. I know there is a lot of heat aimed towards these companies right now but in all fairness we need to verify this for this thread to continue.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
To clarify, my server was through ChicagoVPS, even though as far as I know it's really ColoCrossing.
That's funny...

So CVPS maybe doesn't really own its servers either and just is a reseller of CC or outsources the dedicated servers to CC.. pass through income.

I don't know what posses anyone to deal with these Buffalo folks, but hey, you were warned lots.

CVPS_Chris

Verified Provider
Were you submitting tickets to ChicagoVPS and getting responses from Colocrossing employees?
Since he fails to answer, no he ordered from CVPS and got CVPS support.

That's funny... So CVPS maybe doesn't really own its servers either and just is a reseller of CC or outsources the dedicated servers to CC.. pass through income. I don't know what posses anyone to deal with these Buffalo folks, but hey, you were warned lots.
No Cody/Brian, you guys are funny. Anyway, we own all our own hardware that we use and resell. Stop making false statements. Its half the reason why people question everything...... oh wait, thats exactly what you wanted and it worked.

Mun

Never Forget
Since he fails to answer, no he ordered from CVPS and got CVPS support.

No Cody/Brian, you guys are funny. Anyway, we own all our own hardware that we use and resell. Stop making false statements. Its half the reason why people question everything...... oh wait, thats exactly what you wanted and it worked.
Okay two things. 1. I have to agree with chris here, @shovenose is just whining. 2. Ahhhh Fuck why are you here chris, go back to LET.

Reactions: bfj
Status
Not open for further replies.
amuck-landowner