• Announcements

• MannDude

Current state of vpsBoard   02/04/2017

Dear vpsBoard members and guests:

Over the last year or two vpsBoard activity and traffic has dwindled. I have had a change of career and interests, and as such am no longer an active member of the web hosting industry.

Due to time constraints and new interests I no longer wish to continue to maintain vpsBoard. The web site will remain only as an archive to preserve and showcase some of the great material, guides, and industry news that has been generated by members, some of which I remain in contact to this very day and now regard as personal friends.

I want to thank all of our members who helped make vpsBoard the fastest growing industry forum. In it's prime it was an active and ripe source of activity, news, guides and just general off-topic banter and fun.

I wish all members and guests the very best, whether it be with your business or your personal projects.

-MannDude
drmike

What's for Lunch?

277 posts in this topic

You ate two of those?  Geez.   What do they call that and is a bib included?

Hah.  I skipped breakfast, so aye, was a bit hungry today.  It's called 'The Special', amusingly enough XD  A specialty of a local pub here in town - several kinds of meat, jalepeno mayo, cheese, lettuce, onions.  No bib necessary - after living down here for so long, I've become fairly adept at only getting my fingers messy on these :P

Seafood friend rice 

ex- asian-food-fried-rice-seafood-12359647.j

And BBQ :S

1 person likes this

Just a Sobe Strawberry Daiquiri flavored beverage for me... i.e. fruit juice for the most part..

I had a #10 from Jimmy Johns. I usually don't each lunch out, I usually have something like couscous or a sandwich or whatever.

I had a 'large' burrito from Tortilla, a small UK chain that does burritos/fajitas/tacos. I'm aware what what consider a 'large' burrito is probably a 'small' by US standards.

Just a Sobe Strawberry Daiquiri flavored beverage for me... i.e. fruit juice for the most part..

Yeah fruit juice.   This here is mostly potato water and this here is most grape juice :)

Start calling it an adult smoothie next and then we'll be talking.

I had a #10 from Jimmy Johns. I usually don't each lunch out, I usually have something like couscous or a sandwich or whatever.

I kind of miss Jimmy Johns.  They make a mean veggie sandwich and I think it even has sprouts on it.

I had a 'large' burrito from Tortilla, a small UK chain that does burritos/fajitas/tacos. I'm aware what what consider a 'large' burrito is probably a 'small' by US standards.

Yeah a US burrito is probably bigger than the UK business / stand you bought yours at ;)

Lamb over rice with onion, carrots, pepper and extra hot sauce. YUM!

Yeah a US burrito is probably bigger than the UK business / stand you bought yours at ;)

Two years ago i was in New York, and after a entire day with no food I went to the pizza place down the street from my hotel and ordered a large pizza. The waiter looked me up and down, and simply said 'no'. He then pointed to another table and showed me the large pizza 4 were sharing, and I sheepishly ordered a regular pizza, which I ate half of.

In the UK, I can eat a large without much trouble, and demolish an XL if I'm really hungry.

Off to Subway for me! Hah

Just got some Subway myself. Sitting in front of a Italian Herbs and Cheese footlong, chicken teriyaki with bacon. Lettuce, tomato, green pepper, onion, jalepenos and sweet onion sauce. This gonna be good.

Italian Herbs and Cheese footlong

You sir know how to have a party.

Usually I do something that can be delivered.  Pizza, sandwiches, Chinese, etc.

I prefer home-cooked meals. Now that I say that, I just finished some homemade broccoli and cheese casserole.

1 person likes this

rice and fish.  my german friend always wonder why Filipinos can't survive a day without rice. I always wonder how western people can get full without rice.

Edited by jcaleb

Erm... Because I'm in Asia right now I guess rice and cooked fish (just like jcaleb!). I miss the good old times in the States where I'd go to a pub and get a beer and a burger :(

rice and fish.  my german friend always wonder why Filipinos can't survive a day without rice. I always wonder how western people can get full without rice.

I cook a lot of rice at home.  It's rather simple leave it alone cooking that doesn't get in the way of doing other work.

Still haven't mastered brown while rice though.  What do you recommend for cooking that?

Most prefer potato.  I buy rice in 50lb bags ;) Rice goes with everything!

@Boltersdriveer getting fancy there.

Time to start the dinner and beverage threads :)