amuck-landowner

Copy and Paste Tablet to Desktop

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Like many folks these days, I am wandering around with a stack of devices.   When I have to debug a broken server/computer I end up toting a tablet and smartphone.

Now, often I have notes or some research on the tablet or phone and rather than bastard type the commands and deal with that slowness.

A nice  copy and paste  means from the tablet directly to the PC is what I am looking for?  Someone using something like this for similar reason on Android devices?

trewq

Verified Provider
For text transport between my devices I have gotten in the habit of saving email drafts. Not sure if that's exactly what you meant though.

BuyCPanel-Kevin

Verified Provider
I was looking into doing something similar to this on my raspberry PI, I'm sure it's different on the android, but basically what you have to do is root the device, start an ssh server on it, and figure out where the clip board is stored on the device!

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
So we have misusing email and pasting into evernote... Pet peeve #1 and #2 -- Google and the cloud....  

Where's that cartoon of the kid pissing on whatever brand?

Yeah I've tried both of these and well, yeah sort of works... Evernote is better.   

Someone have perhaps an open source Evernote equivalent with Android client?  Something I can self host...

HalfEatenPie

The Irrational One
Retired Staff
So we have misusing email and pasting into evernote... Pet peeve #1 and #2 -- Google and the cloud....  

Where's that cartoon of the kid pissing on whatever brand?

Yeah I've tried both of these and well, yeah sort of works... Evernote is better.   

Someone have perhaps an open source Evernote equivalent with Android client?  Something I can self host...
... TO THE CLOUD!

mikho

Not to be taken seriously, ever!
This might be a little over worked, sitting at hje breakfast table thinking about your "problem".

Aerofs and webserver.

Install aerofs to sync files between devices.

One of the devices should be a vps with a simple webserver. That way you can easy download your textfiles with commands (or even script it all) without worrying about "the cloud"

This is far from finished, sure you can work out the details.

Aldryic C'boas

The Pony
echo "Some text here" | mail -s "subject" machine@localnet
Alternately:

ssh 10.0.0.10 -t "echo 'Some Text' | wall"
The latter probably being more efficient if you don't already use mail daemons for internal communication.  If you can SSH to it, you can use wall to send a message to all connected users, essentially 'copy/pasting' your text.

scv

Massive Nerd
Verified Provider
If you're on a *NIX, you can use xclip and even pipe it over SSH to transfer directly between clipboards. pbcopy on OS X works in a similar fashion. I believe Windows has something similar (clip.exe or something along those lines)

Jonny_Evorack

Verified Provider
 I use Evernote for this. They do have a free version I think. I'm with O2 here in the UK and we get 12-months free of their premium service, however I think the free version is good for most people :)

Cheers

Jonny
Evorack

amuck-landowner