amuck-landowner

Anyone using vestaCP? vestaCP review?

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
I just installed it, and I know a couple others have too. So far, it's looking pretty nice. Curious if anyone has used it for longer than the 15 minutes I've had it installed. I believe jarland has played with it. Anyone else?

http://vestacp.com/

Check it out. Nice to see something different.

Fresh install on a 512MB DigitalOcean box running Debian 7, 32bit:

total used free shared buffers cached
Mem: 502 402 99 0 28 288
-/+ buffers/cache: 85 416
Swap: 0 0 0

So far, pretty lightweight.

Last edited by a moderator:

nunim

VPS Junkie
Well, it's certainly easy to setup.  Took maybe 5 minutes max, compared to the hour cPanel takes on it's first install.  I'm working on getting a few WordPress blogs setup, I was going to run then without a control panel but I've decided to give this a shot.  

+1 for supporting Debian!

The only thing I don't like so far is that it only uses nginx as a reverse proxy, but according to the forums they're working on support for nginx+PHP-FPM without Apache.   I can't find how to install SSL on the host services, through the control panel at least.

Last edited by a moderator:

nunim

VPS Junkie
Anyone successfully using the email functionality within this?
I am.  I installed it to test the email system.  Only issue I have is with Outlook.com sending things to spam but as far as I know they do that with almost every mail that they don't have whtielisted.  Works fine with GMAIL and my other email servers.

peterw

Good to see a panel supporting debian. The settings for apache and ngix are confusing. What is the difference between the different settings like "hosting"? Domain settings are rudimental.

shunny

I tried VestaCP a couple of months back on a spare VM I had. I was impressed with their overall system, I think if we give them time to mature and they are committed in improving their control panel, VestaCP would be a great product. 

nunim

VPS Junkie
Good to see a panel supporting debian. The settings for apache and ngix are confusing. What is the difference between the different settings like "hosting"? Domain settings are rudimental.
Not entirely sure, half of their forum seems to be Russian.  

ryanarp

Catalyst Host
Verified Provider
Jarland uses it and he likes it a lot. I know he has been recommending it to people as a simple free panel. 

javaj

I installed it a few weeks ago to use for a few clients who don't even use one, its a really simple and lightweight cp. I really like it but I have had to fix a few dns errors after  adding a domain or two, simple stuff that other cps like DA or cPanel just would have taken care of... I still like it and even though I have had to fix an error or two I still see no reason to switch to anything else.

But yeah, with that said, I still don't think its quite ready for prime time yet. They do Have a WHMCS Module though, which is kinda cool for a free and new cp.

vRozenSch00n

I'm testing it. Easy to install in Centos and Debian, super fast.

I'm just trying to familiarize myself with the panel.

amuck-landowner