amuck-landowner

Why the hate on Russia

Status
Not open for further replies.

RiotSecurity

It seems a ton more hate on Russia recently, well I understand most of the malware, exploit kits, etc. originate from Russia, but if you look at the things Russia has done that isn't "evil" ...

1) Kaspersky Internet Security / Anti-Virus : Russian

There is more, I just can't list them all on my phone, but one of the largest countries for sending malware, etc. is also one of the largest anti-virus systems.

Edit: Also BHK creator was arrested by Russian police, see they do track these people down and arrest them.

Last edited by a moderator:

HalfEatenPie

The Irrational One
Retired Staff
I don't understand this accusation.

Where do you see hate on Russia?

In response to your question, look at Russia's upper class.  Some are entrepreneurs who utilized the opportunity the fall of the USSR to gain personal wealth (most were previous mobsters).  US cold-war era propaganda also plays an impact especially since the President of Russia is a former KGB agent.  

While US may have similar qualities/traits with their social structure (and possible leaders), Russia's "version" is less kept "hush hush" and is more openly known.  

This has also seeped into Today's media ideology.  I mean did you see the US media's reaction to Putin's Open Letter to America?  Some people in the media were stating Putin was trying to corrupt Americans and completely disagreed with him.  Others stated that while Putin is an individual to be wary of, his observation/statement/proposed action is something we need to reflect on and change.  

Obviously most of these are horribly generalized but it gets the point across (I'm speaking purely from observation and these do not reflect my own personal opinions on the matter).  

Also don't forget, many people do see Russia as one of the major centers for crime and mobsters.  

HalfEatenPie

The Irrational One
Retired Staff
Hm...

So... 4 comments from 3 individuals == large hate on Russia when the topic of hosting in Russia is mentioned?  Or am I missing something here?

RLT

Nothing wrong with Russia some beautiful women there.  Now the field rations they fed their soldiers...that's worth hating.

RiotSecurity

No, I'm talking in a general sense guys, not just related to the topics here.

It just feels like everyone is against Russia and the businesses, etc. (ex: Hosting companies, etc)

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Why is there no ignore feature?
Click on your profile tab at the top right and you should see 'manage ignored users' at the bottom.

I'll see if there is a better ignore plugin than the one that ships stock. People complain about the stock one.

mitgib

Verified Provider
Click on your profile tab at the top right and you should see 'manage ignored users' at the bottom.

I'll see if there is a better ignore plugin than the one that ships stock. People complain about the stock one.
Maybe look at who is the most ignored user and see if they might deserve a kick to the curb

And thanks, found the feature, something that would make it easier would be cool

Status
Not open for further replies.
amuck-landowner