amuck-landowner

vpsBoard contest (1/3) Win a free CatalystHost VPS for a year!

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Hey everyone!

Long overdue, we've got one out of three contests ready. This one will last just under a month, the winner of which will receive one free VPS for one an entire year, thanks to our friends over at CatalystHost.

The Prize:
CatalystHost "Tall" VPS plan

CPU Cores: 2 CPU Cores
RAM: 256MB RAM
vSwap: 128MB vSwap
Storage: 30GB Storage
Bandwidth 600GB @ 1Gbps
Value: $95.88

CatalystHost is a small but growing provider that specializes in no-nonsense hosting. Instead of cramming as many containers onto a node to provide a service that is sub-par, they seek to go above and beyond with a genuine passion for what they do. Both HalfEatenPie and Jarland are members here at vpsBoard, as well as have a strong presence on other industry forums such as LowEndTalk and WebHostingTalk where they remain helpful contributors to the communities in which they frequent. We're happy to have them here, and they were happy to donate a VPS for a contest.

The Contest

We're a small community, and we need more active members! The contest is simple, refer your friends! We've now have gotten a referrals system in place to allow you to be credited for each member you refer to vpsBoard!

When a new member registers, they will have the option to enter the username of the member who referred them. Knowing that this is often overlooked, you are also given a unique URL to track referrals which can be found by visiting the sidebar on the home page (http://vpsboard.com/index.php?app=referrals) as well as via your profile (http://vpsboard.com/index.php?app=core&module=usercp&tab=referrals).

It's quite simple really, and the top referrers will be tracked and listed on the homepage sidebar in order of who is leading. Now, it should be noted that the new members you refer can not just sign up and sit by idle. This contest is designed to encourage members to recruit those who will also be active in the community. You'll get credited for your new referrals after they've created 5 posts.

This contest will end on Friday, May 30th at 5PM EST

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns please let us know.

Stand by for more contests where you can win more hosting, domains, credits for other sites, and much more!

Last edited by a moderator:

HalfEatenPie

The Irrational One
Retired Staff
My name is HalfEatenPie and I approve this message!

Thanks MannDude!  Lets see this baby grow! 

And good luck to all!  

Last edited by a moderator:

Mun

Never Forget
My name is Mun and I want that VPS.

Thanks MannDude!  Lets see this baby grow! 

And good luck to all!  

D. Strout

Resident IPv6 Proponent
While I'm all in favor of contests, I strongly dislike referral contests because to succeed at them, you have to have friends. Which we all know computer/VPS geeks don't. Seriously, though, the only people I know who would be willing to sign up are folks from LET, and they would all want to be getting referrals for themselves rather than being referrals.

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
While I'm all in favor of contests, I strongly dislike referral contests because to succeed at them, you have to have friends. Which we all know computer/VPS geeks don't. Seriously, though, the only people I know who would be willing to sign up are folks from LET, and they would all want to be getting referrals for themselves rather than being referrals.
Well, the good news is they can be both referred and also get referrals themselves. Unfortunately this particular contest may be a popularity contest, I guess that one may be a flaw. But let it be known that this is not the only VPS giveaway coming up, nor the only contest planned. Another contest will be announced either tonight or tomorrow morning.

You're free to use your referral link your LET signature, WHT signature, post it on Twitter, link a txt ad or anything else.

I do understand your concern, however I am designing these contests to encourage active recruitment to vpsBoard as well as to create content in an effort to get this community moving. I am open to any and all suggestions on the best ways to achieve this, however. =]

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Great stuff guys. :)

I'm not sure WHT will be too keen on affiliate singatures, especially if if's that damn bear twonk.
Yeah, they're not too keen on it. I think at one point I got approval, years ago, for staff to have a masked affiliate URL like domain.com/some-page where ./some-page redirected to the affiliate URL so I could keep track of sales stemming from individual's signatures. I doubt they'll be keen on this. LET on the other hand... Much more lax. Have at it. =]

mikho

Not to be taken seriously, ever!
Posted it on twitter and facebook, lets see how many REAL friends I have :)

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Itsn't it MannDude is from another company not from Catalyst?
Yeah, I work URPad at this particular moment. Didn't feel comfortable giving out free VPSes from them, as that'd look shady. Figured I'd support someone in the community, but instead they decided to donate it.

So, CatalystHost was kind enough to donate a VPS for this contest.

blergh

Verified Provider
"specializes in no-nonsense hosting. Instead of cramming as many containers onto a node to provide a service that is sub-par, they seek to go above and beyond with a genuine passion for what they do"
Isn't that some nice marketing bullshit that they all say?

Also, this is a useless and boring contest. If this comunity and forums have anything good to offer it will sell itself, if not, bummer.

HalfEatenPie

The Irrational One
Retired Staff
Isn't that some nice marketing bullshit that they all say?   Also, this is a useless and boring contest. If this comunity and forums have anything good to offer it will sell itself, if not, bummer.

I mean it's all in the spirit of friendly competition/contest.  If you don't want to participate in it then by all means feel free not to.  No-one's breaking your arm to do it.  

Reece-DM

Verified Provider
There is enough members here fora "New" site -- though getting content would be more important for those lurkers.

amuck-landowner