• Announcements

• MannDude

Current state of vpsBoard   02/04/2017

Dear vpsBoard members and guests:

Over the last year or two vpsBoard activity and traffic has dwindled. I have had a change of career and interests, and as such am no longer an active member of the web hosting industry.

Due to time constraints and new interests I no longer wish to continue to maintain vpsBoard. The web site will remain only as an archive to preserve and showcase some of the great material, guides, and industry news that has been generated by members, some of which I remain in contact to this very day and now regard as personal friends.

I want to thank all of our members who helped make vpsBoard the fastest growing industry forum. In it's prime it was an active and ripe source of activity, news, guides and just general off-topic banter and fun.

I wish all members and guests the very best, whether it be with your business or your personal projects.

-MannDude
GIANT_CRAB

Bitcoin reaches 1k for the first time

25 posts in this topic

Well that's crazy!

Congrats to those who bought a bunch early and are sitting pretty with profits.   Time to unload some and take profits.

As far as replacing Federal Reserve Notes, good luck there.  That's not going to happen.  How many US States and different regulatory bodies have made formal inquiries about these?  Lots.

Homeland Security (idiots) declared the coins something terrorist the other day.  Expect more of that propping and protectionism by the US protection racket.

So, why is Bitcoin so dang high now?

Knew it would.

Edited by Ivan

God-damn I lost a bet. =(

It'd be easier to take the currency more serious if something cheap wasn't fractions of a BitCoin penny.

"Your total comes to $5 sir."

-- "I can give you 0.005208 BTC instead."

Congrats to those involved who are able to do something with their money. I wanted to buy into it years ago, but wasn't going to pretend I knew what I was doing. Then I didn't. Then I was going to buy into when it was like $35, but still couldn't be convinced. That week was when it went into $250~+. Meh. Started a thread recently on here inquiring more about it. Meh.

I'm no armchair economist, and I'm not going to take financial advice from them either.

Can someone explain to me why it went up so high?

1 person likes this

Can someone explain to me why it went up so high?

The same reason California was the cool place to be in 1849. Everyone wants to get rich quick, no one has done their research.

There is zero reason a 'stable' currency should spike like Bitcoin is w/o speculation.

There is zero reason a 'stable' currency should spike like Bitcoin is w/o speculation.

Keep in mind Giant_Crab is a troll. He knows it's not stable and is simply having a go. Don't take anything he says seriously.

I've got a dozen or so BTC I should dump before it bursts...

1 person likes this

Are people really buying BitCoins at this hiked up price?  Heck, seems like a wonderful time to cash out.

1 person likes this

A friend of mine told me to get some, when it was like $60 I'm so regret that I didn't do it :/ 

I regret not having purchased BTC when they were at $3. Am I the only one feeling this?

Yeah, I wish I'd thrown $100 at it back when it was under < $10/BTC.  But let's say I bought at $3, meaning I'd be buying roughly 33 BTC, which would be worth roughly $33,000 today. 

It's still not clear to me how I'd get that money out though.  Will any exchanges wire me that amount all at once, or am I stuck withdrawing a few bucks a day for the rest of my life, hoping things don't crash before I'm able to cash out?

there is great possibility that everyone who invest now at this price, will lost a great amount of money in later months. Not a single investment can go up like that and constantly generating profit. My personal opinion is that now is time to sell , not to buy.

It's still not clear to me how I'd get that money out though.  Will any exchanges wire me that amount all at once, or am I stuck withdrawing a few bucks a day for the rest of my life, hoping things don't crash before I'm able to cash out?

Typically you can have it sent to your back account in one lump sum. However, depending on the exchange there may be limits based on transaction size or destination country. 

Sigh I get depressed whenever I read a bitcoin article, was about to plough a few thousand back at around $80 T_T

Sigh I get depressed whenever I read a bitcoin article, was about to plough a few thousand back at around $80 T_T

Better known as woulda coulda shoulda, or crying over spilt milk ;)

• Similar Content

• By DomainBop
      Email sent by Internoc 24 LLC to customers offering an investment opportunity in Bitcoin (Internoc24 LLC is a hosting provider registered in Delaware as an LLC which has been the subject of many complaints in the past: search google and WHT)
      Internoc24 LLC is registered as a Delaware LLC but it doesn't appear that either the company or anyone associated with it (none of the officers appear to be US citizens) are registered with the CFTC, SEC, Finra, or any state regulators as commodity trading advisors, investment advisors or security advisors (search here: http://www.adviserinfo.sec.gov/ ).and from the wording of that email they do seem to be offering customers an "investment opportunity" in a commodity (the US Commodity Futures Trading Commission now classifies Bitcoin as a commodity see http://www.cftc.gov/PressRoom/PressReleases/pr7231-15 )

Some states like New York State have also began to regulate virtual currency activities and so that email should have contained some disclaimers addressed to residents of those states, which it did not. NY State now requires that companies engaged in various virtual currency activities obtain what is known as a BitLicense (see the 44 pages of regulations covering companies engaged in virtual currency activities here: http://www.dfs.ny.gov/legal/regulati...s/dfsp200t.pdf ). Among the activities that require companies to obtain a BitLicense is "storing, holding, or maintaining custody or control of Virtual Currency on behalf of others," which is what Internoc24 seems to be offering to do from that email. They are not registered to offer their "BTC investment" services to residents of NY State.

Links to various state regulations that govern virtual currency activities: https://www.blockchain-reg.com/state-regulation
      Links to federal regulations governing virtual currency activities: https://www.blockchain-reg.com/federal-regulation

It would seem that by sending that investment opportunity email Internoc24 LLC now has much bigger problems to worry about than an unhappy customer on WHT leaving negative reviews if anyone reports them to US federal regulators (CFTC, Finra, SEC) or the various state regulators and attorney generals for offering commodity investment opportunities.

• By incloudibly
      DDoS protected Bitcoin VPS in Zurich, Switzerland based on VMware ESXi hypervisor. Service is proudly provided by CoinsHost - a Swiss web hosting provider founded by cryptocurrency enthusiasts. Pricing starts at just $3 per month (minimum billing cycle - 1 month). Supported OS's: Linux & Windows.
      Virtually instant server deployment Free DDoS protection up to 10 Gbps No single point of failure solution Fast and redundant SAN storage 99.9% uptime SLA guarantee VMware ESXi hypervisor 10 Gbps network connection Firewall, snapshots and automatic backups Multiple OS templates including ArchLinux, Gentoo, Fedora, Ubuntu, Centos etc DNS hosting and PTR Top-notch Interxion data center in Zurich, Switzerland Strict privacy policy inspired by Swiss laws on data protection Anonymous payment via Bitcoin / Litecoin High availability VPS connected to a multihomed DDoS protected network through a 10 Gbps port. Based on VMware ESXi hypervisor and NAS storage. Here's a typical node configuration that we use for VPS deployment: 2 х E5-2697 v3 @ 2.60 GHz, 384 GB RAM ECC/REG, storage based on HA SAN, 4 x 10 Gbps network interfaces, Arista network switches with sub-500 nanosecond latency.
      VPS-V0
      1 CPU Core 512 MB RAM 20 GB of Storage 1 TB of Bandwidth 10 Gbit/s port Free DDoS Protection 2.98 USD / 2.74 EUR / 3.00 CHF MONTHLY -- ORDER VPS-V1
      1 CPU Core 1024 MB RAM 30 GB of Storage 2 TB of Bandwidth 10 Gbit/s port Free DDoS Protection 4.97 USD / 4.57 EUR / 5.00 CHF MONTHLY -- ORDER
      VPS-WIN1
      1 CPU Core 1024 MB RAM 30 GB of Storage 2 TB of Bandwidth 10 Gbit/s port Free DDoS Protection 34.75 USD / 31.98 EUR / 35.00 CHF MONTHLY -- ORDER
      >> View the list of all available VPS configurations. <<

Operating Systems
      Arch Linux 2015.04 x64 CentOS 5.4 x64 CentOS 5.4 x86 CentOS 6.5 x64 CentOS 6.5 x86 CentOS 7.1 x64 ClearOS Community 6.2 x64 ClearOS Community 6.2 x86 CloudLinux Server 6.4 x64 Debian 7.0 x64 Debian 7.0 x86 Debian 8.0 x64 Elastix 2.4 x64 Fedora 21 x64 Fedora 22 x64 Gentoo 2015.03 x64 openSUSE 12.1 x64 openSUSE 12.1 x86 openSUSE 13.1 x86 Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.5 x64 Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.0 x64 Scientific Linux 6.2 x64 Scientific Linux 6.2 x86 Ubuntu 12.04 x64 Ubuntu 12.04 x86 Ubuntu 14.04 x64 Ubuntu 14.04 x86 Ubuntu 15.04 x64
      DDoS Protection
      Protection against attacks up to 10 Gbps is provided free of charge. Upgrade to 400 Gbps protection is available for extra charge of 50 CHF per each CPU core.
      Premium Support
      CoinsHost provides 24/7 sales and technical support via live chat (text messaging), email and support tickets. Premium 1-hour SLA support.
      Payment Methods
      We accept Bitcoin (BTC), Litecoin (LTC) and Nextcoin (NXT) instantly and with no middleman involved. You can also pay for CoinsHost products and services with Bank Wire, PayPal, Credit Cards, WebMoney and Perfect Money. Bitcoin price may fluctuate as it depends on its market value.
    • By InfinityDaniel
      Hello everybody, 
      I do a lot with bitcoin I mine bitcoin with a cloud bitcoin mining system and I invest in bitcoin and earn few dollars from this.

I'm wondering who dose things with bitcoin and if they invest how much do they make and such.
    • By incloudibly
      COINSHOST.COM is a Zurich-based web hosting company that provides professional virtual and dedicated server hosting, DDoS protection, colocation and other services.

Highly-available Bitcoin VPS XEN Hypervisor from $28/yearly
      CoinsHost provides Xen hypervisor and OnApp-based Virtual Private Servers that are hosted on a highly available infrastructure and premium multi-homed 10 Gbps network. We offer free and instant VPS deployment, lightning fast NAS storage, 200+ OS templates, free DNS hosting, VNC console and snapshots.
      - Free & instant server deployment
      - Fast and redundant SAN storage
      - No single point of failure solution
      - 99.9% uptime SLA guarantee
      - XEN and OnApp solutions
      - 10 Gbps network connection
      - Firewall, VNC console and snapshots
      - Multiple OS templates (Arch Linux, CentOS, ClearOS Community,CloudLinux Server, Debian, Elastix, Fedora, Gentoo, openSUSE, Red Hat Enterprise, Scientific Linux, Ubuntu, Windows), DNS hosting, PTR
      - DC in Zurich, Switzerland
      - Swiss laws on privacy and data protection
      Here's a typical node configuration that we use for VPS: 2 х E5645 CPU, 192 GB RAM ECC/REG, storage based on HA SAN, 4 x 10 Gbps network interfaces, Arista network switches with sub-500 nanosecond latency.
      TEST IP: 46.28.204.55
      VPS plans (view all plans at https://coinshost.com/en/vps):

VPS-V0
      1 Core(s)
      512 MB RAM
      20 GB of Storage
      1 TB of Bandwidth
      10 Gbit/s port
      No DDoS Protection
      Monthly price: 2.30 USD / 2.16 EUR / 2.34 CHF

VPS-V1
      1 Core(s)
      1024 MB RAM
      30 GB of Storage
      2 TB of Bandwidth
      10 Gbit/s port
      No DDoS Protection
      Monthly price: 3.83 USD / 3.59 EUR / 3.90 CHF

VPS-WIN1
      1 Core(s)
      1024 MB RAM
      30 GB of Storage
      2 TB of Bandwidth
      10 Gbit/s port
      No DDoS Protection
      Monthly price: 26.79 USD / 25.16 EUR / 27.30 CHF

VPS-WIN2
      1 Core(s)
      2048 MB RAM
      40 GB of Storage
      2 TB of Bandwidth
      10 Gbit/s port
      No DDoS Protection
      Monthly price: 30.62 USD /  28.75 EUR / 31.20 CHF
      DDoS Protection
      Protection against DDoS attacks is available for extra charge of 99 CHF per each CPU core.
      24/7 Live Support
      CoinsHost provides 24/7 sales and technical support via live chat (text messages), email and support tickets. Premium 1-hour SLA support. Please feel free to message us: [email protected]
      Payment Methods
      We accept Bitcoin (BTC), Litecoin (LTC) and Nextcoin (NXT) instantly and with no middleman involved. You can also pay for CoinsHost products and services with Bank Wire, PayPal, Credit Cards, WebMoney and Perfect Money. Product prices in Bitcoin, USD and EUR are effective on the day of thread publishing only. Bitcoin price may fluctuate as it depends on its market value. Current minimum billing cycle period is one year (12 months).
    • By drmike
      Those of use gray in the head and who have seen these political theaters play out many times have been waiting.
      Reuters reporting: http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/11/19/us-france-shoooting-eu-terrorism-funding-idUSKCN0T81BW20151119
      EU clamps down on bitcoin, anonymous payments to curb terrorism funding

Now there hasn't been any highly talked about or proven link been such payment methods and any of the recent terrorism.  Yet here we are.

European Union countries plan a crackdown on virtual currencies and anonymous payments made online and via pre-paid cards in a bid to tackle terrorism financing after the Paris attacks, a draft document seen by Reuters said.
      EU interior and justice ministers will gather in Brussels on Friday for a crisis meeting called after the Paris carnage of last weekend.