amuck-landowner

Bitcoin reaches 1k for the first time

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Well that's crazy!

Congrats to those who bought a bunch early and are sitting pretty with profits.   Time to unload some and take profits.

As far as replacing Federal Reserve Notes, good luck there.  That's not going to happen.  How many US States and different regulatory bodies have made formal inquiries about these?  Lots.

Homeland Security (idiots) declared the coins something terrorist the other day.  Expect more of that propping and protectionism by the US protection racket.

So, why is Bitcoin so dang high now?

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
It'd be easier to take the currency more serious if something cheap wasn't fractions of a BitCoin penny.

"Your total comes to $5 sir."

-- "I can give you 0.005208 BTC instead."

Congrats to those involved who are able to do something with their money. I wanted to buy into it years ago, but wasn't going to pretend I knew what I was doing. Then I didn't. Then I was going to buy into when it was like $35, but still couldn't be convinced. That week was when it went into $250~+. Meh. Started a thread recently on here inquiring more about it. Meh.

I'm no armchair economist, and I'm not going to take financial advice from them either.

Can someone explain to me why it went up so high?

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
There is zero reason a 'stable' currency should spike like Bitcoin is w/o speculation.
Keep in mind Giant_Crab is a troll. He knows it's not stable and is simply having a go. Don't take anything he says seriously.

Hannan

Verified Provider
A friend of mine told me to get some, when it was like $60 I'm so regret that I didn't do it :/ 

Ree

I regret not having purchased BTC when they were at $3. Am I the only one feeling this?
Yeah, I wish I'd thrown $100 at it back when it was under < $10/BTC.  But let's say I bought at $3, meaning I'd be buying roughly 33 BTC, which would be worth roughly $33,000 today. 

It's still not clear to me how I'd get that money out though.  Will any exchanges wire me that amount all at once, or am I stuck withdrawing a few bucks a day for the rest of my life, hoping things don't crash before I'm able to cash out?

drserver

Verified Provider
there is great possibility that everyone who invest now at this price, will lost a great amount of money in later months. Not a single investment can go up like that and constantly generating profit. My personal opinion is that now is time to sell , not to buy.

matt[scrdspd]

SecuredSpeed
Verified Provider
It's still not clear to me how I'd get that money out though.  Will any exchanges wire me that amount all at once, or am I stuck withdrawing a few bucks a day for the rest of my life, hoping things don't crash before I'm able to cash out?
Typically you can have it sent to your back account in one lump sum. However, depending on the exchange there may be limits based on transaction size or destination country. 

Kakashi

Verified Provider
Sigh I get depressed whenever I read a bitcoin article, was about to plough a few thousand back at around $80 T_T

amuck-landowner