• Announcements

• MannDude

Current state of vpsBoard   02/04/2017

Dear vpsBoard members and guests:

Over the last year or two vpsBoard activity and traffic has dwindled. I have had a change of career and interests, and as such am no longer an active member of the web hosting industry.

Due to time constraints and new interests I no longer wish to continue to maintain vpsBoard. The web site will remain only as an archive to preserve and showcase some of the great material, guides, and industry news that has been generated by members, some of which I remain in contact to this very day and now regard as personal friends.

I want to thank all of our members who helped make vpsBoard the fastest growing industry forum. In it's prime it was an active and ripe source of activity, news, guides and just general off-topic banter and fun.

I wish all members and guests the very best, whether it be with your business or your personal projects.

-MannDude
GVH-Jon

How do you like your steak cooked?

45 posts in this topic

Just wondering if there's really more people out there that prefers medium-rare/rare steak than the opposite.

I personally always order/cook steak medium-rare and won't tolerate steak cooked above medium.

What about you guys?

I prefer mine medium-rare to medium. It mainly depends on how tender and how well marinated the steak is.

Rare or Medium Rare is my choice. I don't eat anything more cooked than Medium Rare.

Rare of course. Anything else is wrong. There shouldn't be any ridiculous sauces with cream or peppercorns or any of that shite.

A good steak with a bit of Maldon seasalt and some freshly ground black pepper is all you need!

3 people like this

This steak looks cooked just about right:

JOyNdEm.jpg

Edited by fapvps

I go with medium on my steaks -- since I have converted to bison instead of cattle, it's been a bit of a challenge to get the right temps and timing down, but I'll get it down eventually.

Steak, I don't eat that mad cow.

No if I did, it would be medium rare.  That's the healthiest.

Medium-rare. If if is more done than that, you should give it to the dogs.

Rare to medium rare.  Occasionally I'll be in the moooooood for blue rare or under.

I always go for medium rare, but I've never tried anything else, it's what my dad always used to get

I would go with rare, and medium rare is alright.. anything above is just not my taste! 

Rare. The best steaks are crispy on the outside and bloody on the inside.  Not an easy thing to do though.

dxlLgkG.jpg

I cooked that badboy last night... little overdone though, turned out medium(ish). I like rare-to-medium rare. I used to work at a steakhouse and used to great at making steaks... now... not so much. But it was aright. I got distracted with the veggies and overcooked the best part of the meal. Bacon was done in the microwave, so it sucked.

In any good steakhouse, I can order medium plus.  It's not overdone, but doesn't have any blood.  Everywhere else is medium well, or I get a huge piece of uncooked steak and blod.