amuck-landowner

How do you like your steak cooked?

GVH-Jon

Banned
Just wondering if there's really more people out there that prefers medium-rare/rare steak than the opposite.

I personally always order/cook steak medium-rare and won't tolerate steak cooked above medium.

What about you guys?

Magiobiwan

Insert Witty Statement Here
Verified Provider
I prefer mine medium-rare to medium. It mainly depends on how tender and how well marinated the steak is.

Leyton

Verified Provider
Rare or Medium Rare is my choice. I don't eat anything more cooked than Medium Rare.

MartinD

Retired Staff
Verified Provider
Retired Staff
Rare of course. Anything else is wrong. There shouldn't be any ridiculous sauces with cream or peppercorns or any of that shite.

A good steak with a bit of Maldon seasalt and some freshly ground black pepper is all you need!

fapvps

Verified Provider
This steak looks cooked just about right:

JOyNdEm.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

dano

I go with medium on my steaks -- since I have converted to bison instead of cattle, it's been a bit of a challenge to get the right temps and timing down, but I'll get it down eventually.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Steak, I don't eat that mad cow.

No if I did, it would be medium rare.  That's the healthiest.

NickM

Verified Provider
Rare to medium rare.  Occasionally I'll be in the moooooood for blue rare or under.

Hannan

Verified Provider
I would go with rare, and medium rare is alright.. anything above is just not my taste! 

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
dxlLgkG.jpg

I cooked that badboy last night... little overdone though, turned out medium(ish). I like rare-to-medium rare. I used to work at a steakhouse and used to great at making steaks... now... not so much. But it was aright. I got distracted with the veggies and overcooked the best part of the meal. Bacon was done in the microwave, so it sucked.

Last edited by a moderator:

WSWD

Verified Provider
In any good steakhouse, I can order medium plus.  It's not overdone, but doesn't have any blood.  Everywhere else is medium well, or I get a huge piece of uncooked steak and blod.

amuck-landowner