amuck-landowner

minimal php framework to create api

fixidixi

Hy,

Would you recommend a minimal php framework designed to create apis ?

I'm looking for something like expressjs with nodejs in php.

I've done googleing but tought id ask you what would you use.

I'd use it for a small webapp run on a lan in a vm with the resources of a LEB :):

-128/256M ram

Thanks for your input in advance!

fixidixi

@zzrok:

As I've mentioned so yeah ive seen all of those. I'd be interested in experiences with those frameworks. for me who had no experiece with any of these frameworks most of them seems "good" but important problems only arise when you are actually using the framework anyaway. So im looking for actual experience with em.

But thanks for the lmgtfy link anyway it took time  :)

zzrok

@zzrok:

As I've mentioned so yeah ive seen all of those. I'd be interested in experiences with those frameworks. for me who had no experiece with any of these frameworks most of them seems "good" but important problems only arise when you are actually using the framework anyaway. So im looking for actual experience with em.

But thanks for the lmgtfy link anyway it took time  :)
I wasn't sure if you knew that micro framework is the term most often used to categorize the tool you want.  It seems that you did, so nevermind.  Good luck with your search; if we could agree on which is best, there wouldn't be so bloody many options ;)

fixidixi

@zzrok:

im not looking for 'the best' but if a few more ppl mentions frameworks they good experiences with i might end with knowloadge of good and bad experiences.. and that would make a decision easier. and i would spare a situation like this:

hey i totally love this tool. and a week later: oh crap this cannot be done with it.. lets work around it etc..

tchen

and i would spare a situation like this:

hey i totally love this tool. and a week later: oh crap this cannot be done with it.. lets work around it etc..
If you're going to future-proof it to that extent, then just cave in and use Play, go, or any other nodejs framework. Because at the end of the day, the PHP routers are thread blocked when doing anything meaningful with external systems. The first 'oh crap this cannot be done' is going to be back flow pressure issues.

fixidixi

@tchen:

i see. but i just would like to avoid traps others have already fallen in :). and of course using the right tool for a job can make things go a little faster :).

Thanks for everyones input. ive started off with slim for the moment.

amuck-landowner