amuck-landowner

RamNode - Hiring Support Tech

Nick_A

Provider of the year (2014)
RamNode is looking for a friendly and qualified support technician to handle our ticket system, live chat, and IRC channel during overnight US hours.

Qualifications:

• Admin experience with Linux (CentOS specifically), SolusVM, WHMCS, cPanel, KVM, and OpenVZ.
  • Prior experience working at a web or VPS hosting provider.
  • Good communication skills (English).
  • Ability to determine and follow appropriate protocols based on documentation.
  • Ability to interact in a friendly manner with a wide range of clients.
Duties:

• Cover hours between ~11PM and ~8AM EST.
  • Monitor and administrate network and hardware systems (Linux).
  • Respond to and resolve support tickets quickly and efficiently.
  • Respond to other support requests (via IRC and Live Chat).
  • Escalate certain requests to owner and/or other staff.
  • Communicate with owner on a regular basis regarding real or potential issues.
Prefer US, Canadian, or Australian location due to hours required. Please do not contact us from an outsourcing or staffing firm.

Pay:
Monthly basis. Depends on qualifications and experience.

If you are interested in this position, please email your resume and salary requirements to nick[at]ramnode.com. Please only use this email address to contact us (no Skype, IRC, tickets, etc.).

dano

Good help is always hard to find(heard that line for about 30 years) -- it is though,but hopefully you can ask the right questions to get the applicant to give you an idea of what they really want. For me, I have interviewed many folks for system admin positions, developers, tech support, and just want to make sure that the person I am going to work with or manage, loves what they do. It probably sounds stupid, but if your an aspiring developer, systems engineer, etc, should probably be active in their local groups for apps, or maybe the languages mailing list, has systems running themselves with "projects" on it also.

Some folks will be dishonest though, and just try and cover yourself (sign non-disclosure) with your potential hires, and hope for the best really - your gut is the last checkpoint.

KuJoe

Verified Provider
  • Cover hours between ~11PM and ~8AM EST.
Just curious, does this mean 11PM-8AM EST 7 days a week or are you looking to cover only certain days. Not that it matters to me because every hosting provider I've ever applied for wouldn't hire me because I run SD but it might be good information for those who are interested.

Nick_A

Provider of the year (2014)
Since it's not a very demanding job, someone who can monitor things during that timeframe on a daily basis is ideal.

Nett

Article Submitter
Verified Provider
@Nick_A, is the position still available?

Last edited by a moderator:
amuck-landowner