amuck-landowner

Looking for 8 Core Dedi

Ruriko

Hi I'm looking for a cheap dedi that has 8 Cores. All other specs I don't really care as long it has 8 Cores. It can be any CPU processor but must have 8 Cores. Main purpose is to video encode

Budget: $30/m (can pay quarterly)

KuJoe

Verified Provider
If you want, I can see if I can transfer my CommercialMedia server that's about to expire. It has 8 cores total for $35/month but they only accept checks (no online payment option which is why I'm leaving them).

Ruriko

If you want, I can see if I can transfer my CommercialMedia server that's about to expire. It has 8 cores total for $35/month but they only accept checks (no online payment option which is why I'm leaving them).
no thanks I don't like paying by check

nunim

VPS Junkie
You can get an 6 core from Datashack for $35, aside from that you're going to have trouble finding something at that price.  Most of the dual L5xxx's go for around $50/mo at the minimum.   You might be better off renting 3 x Kimsufi's.

HalfEatenPie

The Irrational One
Retired Staff
You can get an 6 core from Datashack for $35, aside from that you're going to have trouble finding something at that price.  Most of the dual L5xxx's go for around $50/mo at the minimum.   You might be better off renting 3 x Kimsufi's.
Assuming they have stock ;)

willie

You really have to benchmark your specific application.  Eight L5420 cores is probably slower at encoding than a 4-core E3-1230 or i7-3770.  There's now an 8 core Atom (Avoton) server that uses around 20 watts and is designed for web hosting, but it will be way slower at encoding than a 4 core i7, maybe even slower than a 2 core i5.  That's about the only 8 core you're likely to find in your budget range (8 core ARM is also a possibility--same issue though).

Ruriko

Hmm has anyone used turnkeyinternet? they have 75% discount on dedi but the only problem is it's only for yearly payments :(

amuck-landowner