amuck-landowner

BuyVM Legal Defense Fund? LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

raindog308

vpsBoard Premium Member
This is so lame and desperate...ChicagoVPS is begging Solus to sue BuyVM over Stallion.

xdfIis4.png

Aldryic C'boas

The Pony
I can't imagine why he would censor the dates... it's almost like he drug up a very old conversation from before we proved to SolusLabs that the code was our own (and they publicly confirmed), and is just acting like a child trying to stir the pot <_<

EDIT:  Oh, he also tried to claim that we were behind his multiple compromises.  Never had any proof of that nonsense, either.

Last edited by a moderator:

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Ahh, you know I checked out early yesterday after pulling a 48 hour straight work marathon then a 24+ into yesterday.... Sleep needed :)

@raindog308 why do you have these screenshots and where did they come from (i.e. were they posted elsewhere)?

Again, popcorn in hand, I am not jumping in this mess, BUT, I'll bet you $1,000 that Solus won't do a damn thing / can't / whatever.  Would be a shame if something I had 'leaked' and it's not an exploit.

Damian

Verified Provider
Isn't this the ticket string that was posted in like mid-2012 when BuyVM made the move away from Solus?

Aldryic C'boas

The Pony
@raindog308 why do you have these screenshots and where did they come from (i.e. were they posted elsewhere)?
Yeah, they were part of a clusterfuck thread over on LET.  Just look for BuyVM in the title - the OP's name should tell you most of what you need to know about the thread :p

Isn't this the ticket string that was posted in like mid-2012 when BuyVM made the move away from Solus?
It was either then, or when Chris was trying to blame us for his Solus being compromised multiple times.  There's been so much drama from that front I honestly don't recall.

DomainBop

Dormant VPSB Pathogen
BuyVM Legal Defense Fund? LOL

Shouldn't ChicagoVPS be in that title too since the statute of limitations isn't up for customers and others to nail their asses to a wall in court over their database breaches.

(i.e. were they posted elsewhere)?

Screenshots were posted in the "BuyVM are career criminals and smell bad too" thread on LET that Chris and Kevdam from ChicagoVPS, Andrew from 123Systems, Maarten Kossen from Procurios, and ajizzle/Alex Vial from ColoCrossing spent the night participating in.

The whole discussion over there is borderline ridiculous. It is highly unprofessional for ChicagoVPS to take to a public forum like that to besmirch another provider. They come off looking like petulant children. The recurring examples of schadenfreude on hosting forums -- especially between providers -- should stop.

maounique

It will not stop, this is the market, the wild-wild west of hosting. Literally cut-throat competition.

What is most funny, is that the market (which was always a niche in the first place) is incapable to support even those with a big share, at least not so much as if they were doing something else, less effort, more gain.

NOTE: My feud with Aldryic and Francisco WAS personal and started before I was working for Prometeus, it was never Prometeus vs BuyVM, even if some people tried to make it that way and is also in the past. I think all attacks from both camps should cease, people here leave CC alone, people there leave BuyVM alone. We found out interesting facts with these things, but in the long run, nobody cares,including most of their customers. All the bashing against me calling me racist, even muslim gipsy had 0 effect on cancellations, at least I dont recall seeing any that says it was because of my opinions.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
The whole LET thread now is a CC-associates orgy.   The CC crew can't stop climbing over one another in their debauchery.

I could get slappy and give them something to do...  But I am a tad busy :)

Problem with the thread and timing is that whole circus is reactionary to the CC/HVH throw down and a way to bury that and other constant CC-related threads that stayed on top of vpsB + LET for past week or two.

The BuyVM stuff... pffft...   Slabbing = right reasons and folks who know the mechanics of such give Buy a thumbs up.  The Batavia stuff, haha yeah,  that was good.   I've used bonded lines for all sorts of things for longer than many of the readers probably have been alive over there.  Folks can dis something like Verizon's FIOS all they want, that business offering on their network is impossible to beat = spectacular offer, throughput, uptime, etc.  I know because I have customers utilizing such at their places of business around the country.

I like BuyVM because they are human, creative and good citizens in the communities.  Never had a problem with their services with mass oversell and crap performance.   Network blips, yeah, overall uptime sure.  Hard to argue or complain at the price point.

It's not going to pan out for CC and CVPS how they think.  That thread is now dead or it will really start backfiring.

I wonder why 123Systems chimes in over there... some useful stuff... Why not a confession that he's currently slabbing his servers?  I mean I've noted that here on vpsBoard...   Good for the goose, not the gander.

Hxxx

From what I had read, the whole thing is to just create bad publicity without substantial evidence. More specific to the title. They changed the tittle to something more dramatic. In this way lazy posible new customers which won't read 6+ pages, will skip buyvm.

Chris is so childish  ... He probably have the whole CVPS support team, posting with different usernames, to make the drama bigger. LOL

--

+1 to Francisco for replying decently. We need a little of Aldryic there... ^ ^

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Hey Fabozzi, how come you can't even get in the top 5 results for the quarterly provider polls? Doesn't your best friend own the place! :p

Someone is butthurt and jealous because they found a company that is not putting 300 VPSes on an e3 with 32GB of RAM like they were...

The slabbing stuff isn't really 'new', either. The basement/office/whatever thing is new to me, but hey, I didn't see anyone complaining about performance...

Last edited by a moderator:

DomainBop

Dormant VPSB Pathogen
From what I had read, the whole thing is to just create bad publicity without substantial evidence. More specific to the title. They changed the tittle to something more dramatic. In this way lazy posible new customers which won't read 6+ pages, will skip buyvm.
The whole thing is a repeat of what happened last May before LET was hacked: there were several negative threads about CVPS and they (Adam specifically) retaliated by starting a thread accusing BuyVM of shilling.  TL;DR = yawn.

What is most funny, is that the market (which was always a niche in the first place) is incapable to support even those with a big share
Definitely a niche: 200 servers makes someone a giant in the low end world but a fleaspeck compared to even mid-sized hosts in the overall hosting market. The hosts who rely solely on "the market" (aka LET and LEB free offer posts) for customer acquisition are doomed to fail.  Relying on a forum for the bulk of sales isn't the brightest move, and there are several hosts who have built their entire business plans around LET/B and its $7 price ceiling.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
... $7 price ceiling ....

and guess what, in the United States, I am nearly certain that constitutes PRICE FIXING.  It's against the law.

Perhaps someone would like to sponsor the campaign to have that taken to task?

Status
Not open for further replies.
amuck-landowner