amuck-landowner

(private) offering cheap dedi with high(er) setup fee?

William

pr0
Verified Provider
I'm looking at some free space i have in a rack im contracted on for longer, and want to build out a new dev system anyway - Not cheap though, so i thought i could refinance that a bit by offering a deal that pays back setup costs and some profit to build it and then just the monthly costs for power/space/bw, would that interest anyone? Setup time would be 2-3 weeks.

That would be private (you just pay the colo to me, i tax it as run-through), the HW would stay mine, user could supply RAM and/or 2,5"/3,5" HDDs also.

Setup would be (if enough support another board and carry the higher setup i'm willing to do a second stack with newer atoms or alike, design is easily adjusted):

AMD E-350 2x 1.6Ghz (CPU bench ~750, more than Atom D525s, vt support)

4GB DDR3 (non ECC) (1 slot free, could upgrade/add at more setup)

Dedicated 2TB drive (used) (second one for setup, like 50EUR)

Remote reset (triggers reset button on mb)

Setup would be 150EUR (55EUR for the board, 40EUR RAM, 30EUR HDD, 10EUR small parts/reset etc., leftover 'profit') for this setup.

Colo would include 5 IPv4 (no VLAN), /64 IPv6 on request (might take 2-3 weeks for first requests), Gbit (shared 1:20) uplink with 1TB BW at ca. 10EUR, first setup would be in Vienna, second Bratislava. Not time limited, keep forever at this price unless my colo provider increases power pricing (happens, but not that much, 2-3% and only all few years).

Last edited by a moderator:
amuck-landowner