amuck-landowner

Looking for OpenBSD/FreeBSD VPS

Looking for US based Open/FreeBSD based VPS somewhere on the east coast, with IPv4 and IPv6 (please for the love of god no 6in4).

Something small for web development and other things, not too expensive, please. 

Hxxx

Not quite sure, but I think that RamNode , the KVM VPS has the image of FreeBSD, well at least they have pfSense(FreeBSD based), so that means they should be able to have/run FreeBSD. Maybe ask Nick through the IRC :)

texteditor

Premium Buffalo-based Hosting
RamNode should have both ISOs, Frantech even have DragonflyBSD, which I've always wanted to try

splitice

Just a little bit crazy...
Verified Provider
Any KVM/XEN (HVM) host can support BSD. If they don't have the ISO's just ask for them to be loaded.

raindog308

vpsBoard Premium Member
I've run OpenBSD on a number of different provider's KVM - BuyVM and Hostigation specifically and I think others.  Really, any KVM host should support this easily.

Last edited by a moderator:

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
That comic is amazing.

Dragonfly is pretty cool, I was mostly interested in their HAMMER filesystem.

Francisco

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Is buyvm reliable? I've never owned a VPS before outside of something I could at least 'control' ..
They've been powering this site since last May. I've got no real complaints and think it's pretty solid for the price. BuyVM is in the same class of hosts like RamNode, Hostigation, and lowend hosts with a good reputation. I've also heard good things about Prometeus and their sub-brands, but have never used them. Those all sort of stand out to me as hosts that continually are reviewed well.

wlanboy

Content Contributer
Looking for US based Open/FreeBSD based VPS somewhere on the east coast, with IPv4 and IPv6 (please for the love of god no 6in4).

Something small for web development and other things, not too expensive, please. 
My is running fine with

sv01

Slow but sure
I've used to use prgmr and arpnetwork in the past, and really happy with both of them. Because they don't offer much large hardisk so I left.

adilimran

Many sites available from where you can compare your vps and also custom made vps is available on different sites. 

amuck-landowner