amuck-landowner

CentOS 6.5/6.4 Custom LAMP Stack Script

jarland

The ocean is digital
Hey guys. I wanted to share with you the latest script I've been working on and consider release worthy. My bash scripting is a bit young, any contributions or advice is always appreciated. This is designed for CentOS 6.5, tested and working on 6.4. Designed solely for 64bit.

This installs Apache, MySQL, MPM-ITK, PHP, memcached, and mod_pagespeed. This secures MySQL, creates a user/pass for single domain, creates virtual host entries and folders for one domain. Your domain content will go in /home/USER/DOMAIN/public_html. You need to edit the variables at the top of the script, look for the commented sections.

I've been done with low end scripts for a while. Everyone and their mother has a 2GB VPS or above around these parts. We want more power, we buy more power, no need to see how little RAM you can use. As long as you scale well with traffic, that's what counts.

You can find any scripts I write at my GitHub: https://github.com/jarland/ServerScripts

You can find this one at: https://raw.github.com/jarland/ServerScripts/master/centos65stack.sh

Apparently when I try to post the code here, I get a database error. So if Curtis wants to fix that, feel free to edit the post to include it here :)

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Sweet! I'll have to give it a whirl next time I am feeling like using CentOS for something. 

lowesthost

Verified Provider
I gave it a shot  works but pecls memcached install is broken (not your scripts fault)

I would suggest

forcing these for the not so technical making them mandatory entries on your script 

# Set your MySQL root password below
SQLPASS="pass"

# Set the user/pass that the script will make for your first virtual host.
USER="user"
PASS="pass"

# Your e-mail address
ADMIN="[email protected]"
Code:
# The first virtual host added, domain without www
DOMAIN="domain.tld"

If I have time I will see what is making the  pecl install fail

Last edited by a moderator:
amuck-landowner