amuck-landowner

"Free" (or very cheap) VPS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

luis123456

I'm looking for a VPS , but I'm on a very limited budget since I live on a low income country, and would like to have either a free or cheap VPS.

For free: This is a sponsorship (not fully free) request. The usage, as well as the requirements will be discussed on private, since this depends on a case by case basis (such as your requirements, the specs you offer, your terms of service, VPS location, et al.). Infact, I encourage you to.

For Paid offers: I want it to be payable in AR$, via a local payment method (PagoFacil or RapiPago. The total cost of the bill shall not exceed more than AR$30-50, and in the worst of the cases AR$100 (but on this last offer, you will have to be very flexible with payment terms since I will not be sure when I will have that money and I don't want an unreliable suspended VPS because of lack of mney, contracts, or anything that will make my life more miserable than it is. If this case comes to be, that's why I posted the free VPS request above, since I'm not sure when I will have money but I can post, or so what you set with relatively ease)

The specs I'm looking for are atleast (the more the better):

25. GB space

512 MB RAM

250 GB bandwidth

1GHZ CPU (do not care about cores)

Ability to set/remove swap at will.

That's all, and remember if you don't have any offers to post don't post please.

Last edited by a moderator:

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
I think LowEndSpirit does something similar for free or cheap. Bust as most people operate businesses and not charities (no offense) you're going to have a hard time finding someone willing to give you something for free.

Now, for interesting projects and uses I've been known to sponsor a VPS for particular needs.... If it's something unique and interesting that you will use it for then I myself may be willing to help out just because I'm a nice guy :)

DomainBop

Dormant VPSB Pathogen
But as most people operate businesses and not charities (no offense) you're going to have a hard time finding someone willing to give you something for free.

Charity CEO: 6 or 7 figure annual salary plus benefits, annual bonus, perks

Low End CEO: receives no personal income from their  hosting business, forced to work 2 or 3 unrelated jobs to keep hosting business going

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Charity CEO: 6 or 7 figure annual salary plus benefits, annual bonus, perks

Low End CEO: receives no personal income from their  hosting business, forced to work 2 or 3 unrelated jobs to keep hosting business going
Both CEO's should be humiliated.

One for gouging the public non profit racket, the other for failing to understand the value of time, their efforts, etc.

shovenose

Verified Provider
Both CEO's should be humiliated.

One for gouging the public non profit racket, the other for failing to understand the value of time, their efforts, etc.
And that is why I don't sell VPS anymore. The LowEnd sector is full of people that don't mind giving away their time for nothing but aggravation, frustration, humiliation, and being taken advantage of by pond scum. Just like this forum poster asking for a free service.

IPv4 costs money. Servers cost money. WHMCS costs money. NOTHING IS FREE IN LIFE.

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Yeah... the VPS he wants isn't for anything useful. If it was a cool project or something then maybe someone would want to help out but from the PM he sent me it's to start a hosting business / dev / testing.

With that said, sorry. Not likely going to happen. Should I lock the thread now or later?

hellogoodbye

Yeah... the VPS he wants isn't for anything useful. If it was a cool project or something then maybe someone would want to help out but from the PM he sent me it's to start a hosting business / dev / testing.

With that said, sorry. Not likely going to happen. Should I lock the thread now or later?
Looks like he's been using that same excuse since 2010:

Name: luis acevedi

Reason: I want to start a hosting company, and use Kloxo as control panel. I allso want to develop and run my own software, so for that I need shell access. Also, I need a home testing environment. With the recent problems I faced with some free hosts, I think an independent account/VPS would not face arbitrary termination and with shell access I will ensure to not to install or use PHPShell for running some commands. 

http://community.mybb.com/archive/index.php?thread-70438.html

Which, according to him later on in the thread, could have been from as far back as 2006:

And last one, that paragraph was copied from one created in 2006. I was very tired so I forgot to edit it.

I can't believe he actually asked someone to register a new Paypal account for him because his old one was "hacked" (in another forum he claimed it was closed down by Paypal because he refused to give them data to prove it was hacked).

Status
Not open for further replies.
amuck-landowner