amuck-landowner

BuyVM.NET / BuyShared.NET - Shared - $5/year | Resellers - $2.00/month! Dedicated IPv4! SSD RAID!

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
BuyVM Services is pleased to announce the Las Vegas launch of our new BuyShared cPanel-based Shared Webhosting plans. With three plans for personal use, and three plans designed for resellers and large-resource users, BuyVM brings our extensive knowledge, dedication, and professional integrity into the Shared Webhosting market.

All BuyShared plans are hosted on superior hardware; a dual hex-core L5639 box with 72GB of RAM, and 8x 1TB SSD drives in a solid RAID 10.

All plans also include:

- cPanel Based Hosting

- Full SSD RAID

- Unlimited MySQL Databases

- DNS Entries for Unlimited Domains

- Additional IPv4 addresses for $1.00/m each

- Free SSL certificates

Shared Plans

BuyShared 1G

- Dedicated IPv4 Address

- 1G Dedicated SSD Space

- 100GB Monthly Bandwidth

$5.00/year - Las Vegas - Luxembourg

BuyShared 5G

- Dedicated IPv4 Address

- 5G Dedicated SSD Space

- 500GB Monthly Bandwidth

$10.00/year - Las Vegas - Luxembourg

BuyShared 20G

- Dedicated IPv4 Address

- 20G Dedicated SSD Space

- 1000GB Monthly Bandwidth

$15.00/year - Las Vegas - Luxembourg

Reseller Plans

Reseller 20G

- Dedicated IPv4 Address

- 20G Dedicated SSD Space

- 1000GB Monthly Bandwidth

- Unlimited Sub-accounts

$2.00/month - Las Vegas - Luxembourg

Reseller 50G

- Dedicated IPv4 Address

- 50G Dedicated SSD Space

- 3000GB Monthly Bandwidth

- Unlimited Sub-accounts

$4.00/month - Las Vegas - Luxembourg

Reseller 125G

- Dedicated IPv4 Address

- 125G Dedicated SSD Space

- 4000GB Monthly Bandwidth

- Unlimited Sub-accounts

$7.00/month - Las Vegas - Luxembourg

All of our nodes are colocated in Fiberhub, located in Las Vegas, Nevada.

Test us!

Las Vegas IPv4: 205.185.112.1

Las Vegas IPv6: 2605:6400:2:fed5::1

Las Vegas Test Files: http://speedtest.lv.buyvm.net/

Luxembourg IPv4: 107.189.0.1

Luxembourg IPv6: 2605:6400:3:fed5::1

Last edited by a moderator:

sv01

Slow but sure
I'll take 1 reseller hosting ;)

update :
ticket #721077

willie

Could someone explain what "shared hosting" is?  It used to mean a name-based virtual host in a web server, but apparently these have dedicated ipv4's???  That was the main differentiator from vps's, I thought.  Is there some kind of address gobbling bandwagon going on?

What kinds of scripting are supported?  Just mod_php or ...? 

I have to say the prices are amazing given the amount of resources (tons of SSD, hosted mysql) being offered.  Nice job!

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
Could someone explain what "shared hosting" is?  It used to mean a name-based virtual host in a web server, but apparently these have dedicated ipv4's???  That was the main differentiator from vps's, I thought.  Is there some kind of address gobbling bandwagon going on?

What kinds of scripting are supported?  Just mod_php or ...? 

I have to say the prices are amazing given the amount of resources (tons of SSD, hosted mysql) being offered.  Nice job!
It's full cPanel. We include an IP since it's an added layer of security for users. We used to do shared hosting in the past and it was a major issue where a single primary IP would get slammed into the ground from a flood.

You can do the usual things. PHP, HTML, MYSQL, etc. There is shell but you can't run processes or things like that. As of right now we're not enforcing CPU or RAM caps but will likely work something out down the road if this becomes a problem.

The boxes are fairly well built out. Dual Hex cores with 36 - 72GB RAM and 8 x 1TB SSD's in RAID10.

We brought in shared because we were simply refunding too many people that weren't willing to learn how to

work with a VPS. I've gone out of my way to train many of our customers but there are times when it's

a waste of both parties time.

There is no filtering available on these plans, that's limited to our VM's.

Francisco

Nett

Article Submitter
Verified Provider
The service is real nice and support tickets get answered quickly, The load is always 0.** on this 24 core machine and only ~10% RAM is used. However I'd like to see what'll happen as accounts fill up the server.

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
The service is real nice and support tickets get answered quickly, The load is always 0.** on this 24 core machine and only ~10% RAM is used. However I'd like to see what'll happen as accounts fill up the server.
Well, the biggest problems are usually tied in IO when it's cPanel boxes I found. Things like busy awstats, etc, can really rip loads hard.

We're already running litespeed which takes a major edge off things. There's still additional tuning we can do to improve caching and such.

MySQL can be replaced with MariaDB (it's on my TODO list) and we can increase buffers even more.

I have a goal in mind on revenue I want to make off each shared node and I don't see it being an issue getting there while still being < 10 loads (low for a 24 core machine).

If we start to see spikes or we just want better control we'll get cloudlinux in place but I'm not too keen on that. I'm wanting to be reasonable on limits but I don't want it getting abused either. Last thing I want to

see is someone ripping some huge SQL table w/o indexes and then eating 4 cores of PHP on their $5/year.

If you need dedicated performance then a VPS is still the only way to go but there are a lot of times that

people just want a simple plan w/o worrying about configuring things. I don't know a single person

that likes configuring mailservers for instance :p

Francisco

Nett

Article Submitter
Verified Provider
 "Dammit Fran" >_>

We moved some certs around this week after picking up a new wildcard..  looks like Fran stuck the my.frantech.ca cert on buyvm.net by mistake -_-.  I'll have that fixed up soon as I get to the office this morning.
The my.frantech.ca cert on buyvm.net has been there for some time (not new).

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
"Dammit Fran" >_>

We moved some certs around this week after picking up a new wildcard..  looks like Fran stuck the my.frantech.ca cert on buyvm.net by mistake -_-.  I'll have that fixed up soon as I get to the office this morning.
Always blaming Fran...bastards >_>

It's because we got lazy and didn't give my.frantech it's own filtered IP :p I may fix it at some point now that I bought that wildcard.

Francisco

William

pr0
Verified Provider
Mhm, as this is a dedicated IP can i use a Webroot like https://IP/webroot/domain.com with a self signed certificate?

(I will run a nginx cluster in front that provides SSL for all sites, so i just need all backends to be SSL reachable or this idea is absurd)

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
Mhm, as this is a dedicated IP can i use a Webroot like https://IP/webroot/domain.com with a self signed certificate?

(I will run a nginx cluster in front that provides SSL for all sites, so i just need all backends to be SSL reachable or this idea is absurd)
You can use http://IPHERE without issue.

If you only have a single domain that needs an SSL you can just install the SSL that way, or ask us to do it.

Since it sounds like you have multiple sites... buy multiple accounts! :p

Joking aside, your idea, while mental, will work just fine.

Francisco

William

pr0
Verified Provider
well, i have SSLs for *any* domain so it gets up to quite some amount and IPs with hosting are usually not cheap and ISPs unwilling to announce some space... it's mainly a cold standby thing with a shared SQL.

amuck-landowner