amuck-landowner

Congratulations Nikki, wlanboy and peterw!

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Congratulations @Nikki, @wlanboy and @peterw! The three of you won vpsBoard's The have been counted, and this is what we (HalfEatenPie and myself) have tallied up here.

1. @Nikki came in 1st place with 26 votes. He/she has won a $200 Amazon Giftcard!
  2. @wlanboy came in 2nd place with 12 votes. He'll be taking home a $100 Amazon Giftcard
  3. @peterw came in 3rd place with 8 votes. He's won a $50 Amazon Giftcard

I'll be PMing the winners here in just a moment to arrange getting your prizes to you. Thanks for everyone's participation!

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Thanks everyone for the votes, couldn't have done it without you :)

Also, the gift card e-mail looks cool too :eek:

kjOVMqK.png
Yeah, pretty neat they let me upload my own image to the cards. Figured it'd not hurt to brand it, haha!

Plus email delivered cards can be delivered fast. No need for a contest winner to wait weeks for their prize when I knew the day the contest was going to end. Already ready to be sent out to the winners.

blergh

Verified Provider
Congratulations to all!

These three (among others) have really raised the bar for new content and how proper guides & howtos are supposed to be like.

clapping.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
WTF, you actually gave away prizes?

I thought you had contests and either 1. Gave the prizes to your friends or 2. Never issued them due to external folks being ahh, not up speed/interested...

Ba-dum! another LET joke.

Congrats to everyone who participated and to the winners.  Was an impressive flurry of activity.

I think Mann has more of these contests forthcoming, right?

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
I think Mann has more of these contests forthcoming, right?
 I do believe it was mentioned somewhere, yes. Though future contests will more than likely differ than the ones before it. Gotta mix things up a bit and do some things that others can participate in too.

Last edited by a moderator:

DomainBop

Dormant VPSB Pathogen
you're not allowed to request sexual favours in return for vote rigging.

I did NOT request sexual favors from any of the contest participants in return for my vote.  I merely offered to vote for them if they mailed $50 in cash in an unmarked envelope to my post office box.

Congratulations to all of the winners!

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
@peterw is a stand up fella. When PMed and asked how I should deliver his prize, he mentions:

Great community with all the votes for my tutorial! I want to sponsor this to wlanboy and his arduino tutorials. To give him a big thanks for his work and that he can buy the costly bluetooth chips and all the other things he needs for his tutorials
When asked, once again if he was sure:

I am sure. I asked him for a bluetooth solution and I don't want that he spend his money. It can be made public because I don't hide things. And I want to support his hardware tutorials.

So, how about that? That's very admirable and kind. @wlanboy hasn't been around yet to claim his prize, but I guess he'll be taking a little more than originally planned!

Once again, thanks to everyone who participated.

amuck-landowner