amuck-landowner

Netherlands or Germany VPS (Accept sign up from Iran)

Hi

Ram: 1gb

CPU: best for handling 5 low traffic and optimized wordpress websites

SSD or SAS

Important: Accept sign up from Iran. 

notFound

Don't take me seriously!
Verified Provider
If you have a credit/debit card that works with Stripe (not sure since it's a USA based company), or have Bitcoins I can give you a deal. The UK (our company is based) does not have any trade sanctions with Iran as far as I'm aware. :)

What payment processors have you used in the past?

Last edited by a moderator:

Mun

Never Forget
I still think any American company is barred from doing business with Iran, bitcoins would be a really good method and should keep you protected. 

DomainBop

Dormant VPSB Pathogen
Stripe (not sure since it's a USA based company)
USA based company (payment processor, hosting company, etc) = they can't accept any business from Iran due to sanctions but...

Stripe's UK operation is owned by Stripe Payments Europe, Ltd and the TOS is governed by the laws of Ireland. The bank processor is also non-US: Valitor hf (registered in Iceland).  The Visa rules that apply are Visa Europe but the Mastercard rules are Mastercard US.

tl;dr contact StripeUK  to verify the status of Iran for EU/UK merchants. 

If you have a credit/debit card that works with Stripe (not sure since it's a USA based company), or have Bitcoins I can give you a deal. The UK (our company is based) does not have any trade sanctions with Iran as far as I'm aware. :)

What payment processors have you used in the past?
Thank you. Webmoney or paypal (my friend pays my invoices)

I'm looking for a budget vps but yours are high-end :)

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Not poking the lions here, but Iran sanctions seem to cover US + Europe.

If you are a provider in Europe please consult with competent legal counselor about the matter to make sure you are truly compliant.

If you are a provider in the United States, don't even think about it.  Ditto if you are living in, a citizen of or based in the US.  Same long arm might apply if you are say a European living in Europe but your business has servers/offers within the US territories and/or has certain threshold of customers who are US citizens.

William

pr0
Verified Provider
If you are a provider in Europe please consult with competent legal counselor about the matter to make sure you are truly compliant.
This, you can easily violate local sanctions which are in place in many EU countries independently from EU/UN ones.

EU sanctions have been mainly lifted by now, but some remain in place.

Last edited by a moderator:

jenok

Verified Provider
Hi

Ram: 1gb

CPU: best for handling 5 low traffic and optimized wordpress websites

SSD or SAS

Important: Accept sign up from Iran. 
Is it a must for SSD/SAS, What about SATA under RAID 10 ?

My company based in Taiwan

blergh

Verified Provider
This, you can easily violate local sanctions which are in place in many EU countries independently from EU/UN ones.

EU sanctions have been mainly lifted by now, but some remain in place.
Individual members (Ie, countries) may have different sanctions put in place, this is correct. However offering a service like this from within the EU to an Iranian citizen should not be an issue any longer. Seeing how the German government deals with this issue I wouldn't be too worried about offering our services on a case-by-case basis.

As Mike said, currently offering or trying to offer services from within the US to any Iranian is indeed a punishable offense. You may find some Q&A's here

To Quote;

On 7 February 2014, the U.S. Treasury Department's Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) issued General License D-1 (General License) authorizing the exportation, re-exportation, or provision to Iran, directly or indirectly, of certain services, software, and hardware incident to personal communications. This authorization does not allow for the provision of "commercial grade Internet connectivity services or telecommunications transmission facilities (such as dedicated satellite links or dedicated lines that include quality of service guarantees)" or "web-hosting services that are for commercial endeavors or of domain name registration services

amuck-landowner