amuck-landowner

i want to provide $1 per year vps's

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtwiscool

As places like india have people who want to larn about hosting things in liunx but don't have the money.

So my plan is to provide vps's with the following specs:

32MB ram

10GB hdd (2GB ddr3 cache)

1 CPU core(shared) Limited to 250Mhz

Unmeated 10Mbps ddos protected

ipv6 only with only nat for ssh port

$1 per year via bitpay ($1.49 per year paypal)

planned node specs:

32 GB Ram ddr3

Intel Xeon E3 1225v2

2 x 2 TB SATA in sw raid 1

200Mbps unmeated port

I'm planning on slabbing the node into 5 kvm vps's due to Linux limitations.

planned vps's per node: around 1,000

I am planning on only providing support for vps's that are down.

I looked into the numbers and it looks like it will work fine.

is they any issues you guys can see?

Thank You

Matthew Morgan

raindog308

vpsBoard Premium Member
Will they be connecting to their VPS via your globe-spanning Wifi network?  How is that going by the way?

Let me see...no, I don't see an SSID advertised in my neighborhood yet.

200Mbps unmeated port
Well, at the last, you'll own the vegan hosting market.

KuJoe

Verified Provider
Whatever guidance counselor told you that you could do anything should be fired. Posting a thread every few weeks with (bad) business ideas does not do anything except make your next idea look worse than the last.

mtwiscool

Will they be connecting to their VPS via your globe-spanning Wifi network?  How is that going by the way?

Let me see...no, I don't see an SSID advertised in my neighborhood yet.

Well, at the last, you'll own the vegan hosting market.
We are waiting for a list of buildings to attanas on at the moment.

Steven F

Verified Provider
Hey, I think this is a perfectly good idea. Try it out and let us know how it goes. Your profit margins will be so high! I mean, what could be bad about bringing in <$80 a month PER 1,000 clients before expenses. I mean, you'll obviously get 100,000 clients and make $8,000 a month. Oh and that's totally feasible, providing support to 100K clients for <$8,000 a month. So, go try it, I can't wait to see your success.

Last edited by a moderator:

mtwiscool

Hey, I think this is a perfectly good idea. Try it out and let us know how it goes. Your profit margins will be so high! I mean, what could be bad about bringing in <$80 a month PER 1,000 clients before expenses. I mean, you'll obviously get 100,000 clients and make $8,000 a month. Oh and that's totally feasible, providing support to 100K clients for <$8,000 a month. So, go try it, I can't wait to see your success.
as i said support only for downtime.

MartinD

Retired Staff
Verified Provider
Retired Staff
More importantly, who are you?

You're not the usual muppet that posts, you're someone else. I've noticed this before on here and on WHT.

Are you Matthews father?

DomainBop

Dormant VPSB Pathogen
it will not be 100MB/S like most hosts but all vps's will be limited to 5MB/S each to avoid abuse.
The VPS's I've had in India have all had 100 Mbps or 1000 Mbps port speeds so you will probably have a hard time attracting people from India.  I would suggest changing your target market to Argentine villa miseria dwellers because a 5 Mbps speed limit will be a luxury for anyone in Argentina where a 512MB VPS with a 1Mbps connection costs $45 (source: http://www.g2khosting.com/cloud-servers)

Aldryic C'boas

The Pony
More importantly, who are you?

You're not the usual muppet that posts, you're someone else. I've noticed this before on here and on WHT.

Are you Matthews father?
I'm more of a belief that he's just been another troll/curtisg from the start.  Faking autism just to try and justify the stupidity of the questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
amuck-landowner