• Announcements

• MannDude

Current state of vpsBoard   02/04/2017

Dear vpsBoard members and guests:

Over the last year or two vpsBoard activity and traffic has dwindled. I have had a change of career and interests, and as such am no longer an active member of the web hosting industry.

Due to time constraints and new interests I no longer wish to continue to maintain vpsBoard. The web site will remain only as an archive to preserve and showcase some of the great material, guides, and industry news that has been generated by members, some of which I remain in contact to this very day and now regard as personal friends.

I want to thank all of our members who helped make vpsBoard the fastest growing industry forum. In it's prime it was an active and ripe source of activity, news, guides and just general off-topic banter and fun.

I wish all members and guests the very best, whether it be with your business or your personal projects.

-MannDude
Shivam

Reverse Proxy

12 posts in this topic

How would you go about setting up a proxy , TCP , HTTP , HTTPS

Regards

You might want to state what you are trying to do as their is multiple ways of doing such.

Edited by Mun

There are many ways: HAProxy, Nginx, IPTables (I would call this a Transparent Proxy), etc.

There is no shortage of software to implement a basic reverse proxy.

Just to extrapolate from your statement, what is it you want to achieve? Have you tried searching for that?

Edited by splitice
1 person likes this

Hey, 

Sorry for my basic statement above i was asking about setting up an api in whmcs for these specific proxies to make it instant. However i've managed to work my ass off and find a way using HAProxy i've created a panel in which you'll be able to order dedicated ip's and ofc instant activation! pretty much a bit like solusvm started working on a reseller system for proxies. 

So far so good , just need to research about HTTP proxies now.

1 person likes this

Hey, 

Sorry for my basic statement above i was asking about setting up an api in whmcs for these specific proxies to make it instant. However i've managed to work my ass off and find a way using HAProxy i've created a panel in which you'll be able to order dedicated ip's and ofc instant activation! pretty much a bit like solusvm started working on a reseller system for proxies. 

So far so good , just need to research about HTTP proxies now.

Sounds like an interesting model / business / something I might have a use for... Tell us more when you are ready :)

Congrats on the blatant copy of my signature. 

337db06722cd399e.png
4d210196bdd2ae3c.png

However your project actually sounds pretty cool so good luck with it!

Yeah i copied it sorry, i don't mind removing it i just liked your colors and the fact that it stands out :)

Update : i've decided to get rid of the panel and implement it into whmcs itself, so that a pop up comes up where you edit the proxy.

For example , 

TCP Proxy

IP : Your one 

Port : Your one

Then You get your DDOS Protected IP and Port Given 

For HTTP Proxy, 

IP : Your one

Sub-domains : if you have some you can add.

Its pretty basic at the moment but hope for more to come soon!

Plans : 

Bring in more locations ,

We have Canada , will have france shortly,

Probably get a ddos protected server in Las Vegas & New York and probably somewhere in india to give more options.

Instant proxies & the proxy api etc will be online tomorrow :) really excited hopefully everything works out and i don't run into any problems.  

use pfsense , got really easy gui and instead have goooooood documention about anything

When is someone going to write a tutorial for one of these?  I have taken a look at several of the proxies and there is no good documentation anywhere and it's highly confusing.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Larry

Reverse proxy in Nginx is at entry level approach super simple:

location /some/path/ {
    proxy_set_header Host $host;
    proxy_set_header X-Real-IP $remote_addr;
    proxy_pass http://localhost:8000;
}

localhost:8000 = IP or name of resource.  This can be on same box, same network or a server elsewhere entirely.  I use to for instance have a tunnel to a remote server mapped to a localhost port that I fronted with Nginx.

location /some/path/ = the URL part you want to proxy to other resource.  This can be a per directory path or you can have whole site reverse proxied:

location /

There are other enhanced features to reverse proxy like buffers and caching.  

More simple info to start can be found here:  https://www.nginx.com/resources/admin-guide/reverse-proxy/