amuck-landowner

Reverse Proxy

Mun

Never Forget
You might want to state what you are trying to do as their is multiple ways of doing such.

Last edited by a moderator:

splitice

Just a little bit crazy...
Verified Provider
There are many ways: HAProxy, Nginx, IPTables (I would call this a Transparent Proxy), etc.

There is no shortage of software to implement a basic reverse proxy.

Just to extrapolate from your statement, what is it you want to achieve? Have you tried searching for that?

Last edited by a moderator:

Shivam

Hey, 

Sorry for my basic statement above i was asking about setting up an api in whmcs for these specific proxies to make it instant. However i've managed to work my ass off and find a way using HAProxy i've created a panel in which you'll be able to order dedicated ip's and ofc instant activation! pretty much a bit like solusvm started working on a reseller system for proxies. 

So far so good , just need to research about HTTP proxies now.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Hey, 

Sorry for my basic statement above i was asking about setting up an api in whmcs for these specific proxies to make it instant. However i've managed to work my ass off and find a way using HAProxy i've created a panel in which you'll be able to order dedicated ip's and ofc instant activation! pretty much a bit like solusvm started working on a reseller system for proxies. 

So far so good , just need to research about HTTP proxies now.

Sounds like an interesting model / business / something I might have a use for... Tell us more when you are ready :)

Sam

Verified Provider
Congrats on the blatant copy of my signature. 

337db06722cd399e.png

4d210196bdd2ae3c.png

However your project actually sounds pretty cool so good luck with it!

Shivam

Yeah i copied it sorry, i don't mind removing it i just liked your colors and the fact that it stands out :)

Shivam

Update : i've decided to get rid of the panel and implement it into whmcs itself, so that a pop up comes up where you edit the proxy.

For example , 

TCP Proxy

IP : Your one 

Port : Your one

Then You get your DDOS Protected IP and Port Given 

For HTTP Proxy, 

IP : Your one

Sub-domains : if you have some you can add.

Its pretty basic at the moment but hope for more to come soon!

Plans : 

Bring in more locations ,

We have Canada , will have france shortly,

Probably get a ddos protected server in Las Vegas & New York and probably somewhere in india to give more options.

Instant proxies & the proxy api etc will be online tomorrow :) really excited hopefully everything works out and i don't run into any problems.  

ATSLarry

When is someone going to write a tutorial for one of these?  I have taken a look at several of the proxies and there is no good documentation anywhere and it's highly confusing.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Larry

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Reverse proxy in Nginx is at entry level approach super simple:

location /some/path/ {
proxy_set_header Host $host;
proxy_set_header X-Real-IP $remote_addr;
proxy_pass http://localhost:8000;
}

localhost:8000 = IP or name of resource.  This can be on same box, same network or a server elsewhere entirely.  I use to for instance have a tunnel to a remote server mapped to a localhost port that I fronted with Nginx.

location /some/path/ = the URL part you want to proxy to other resource.  This can be a per directory path or you can have whole site reverse proxied:

location /

There are other enhanced features to reverse proxy like buffers and caching.  

More simple info to start can be found here:  https://www.nginx.com/resources/admin-guide/reverse-proxy/

amuck-landowner