amuck-landowner

What other forums to do you regularly visit?

raindog308

vpsBoard Premium Member
I'm sure vpsboard is your #1 haunt...but when you're not obsessively reloading vpsboard, what else do you read?

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
A ton.

Industry stuff: WHT and I still lurk LET.

Non-industry stuff... random gun forums, RCGroup, HomesteadingToday, etc. I'm sure there are more and it'll come to me next time I get an email from one of the forums :)

A more interesting topic would be, "What sub-reddits do you follow?" Haha. Since I've got a ton of interests there is a ton of random subreddits, so my Reddit front page is always an interesting mix of news and content that is relevant to my many interests.

Last edited by a moderator:

hellogoodbye

Strictly forums? Then probably LET and WHT (though I only visit that about once a day unless something huge is going down, like the BurstNET fiasco). I also frequent a few Chinese fan forums, though I wouldn't go so far as to say I follow them obsessively.

Otherwise, I follow several English and Japanese news accounts on Twitter and I use Weibo to stay current with the Chinese end of things. I like reading articles from Torrentfreaks. To kill boredom I sometimes binge surf sites like Buzzfeed and Imgur.

Can't think of much else so that's probably about it. :p

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
I try to avoid time waster of the internet and forums these days.  Doing more excerpts, RSS, etc.

I look at the common hosting forums every couple of days,  the aforementioned.  Outside of that, I tend not to actively visit other forums.

Reddit, meh, potential or something there.   I am not real thrilled by the site and mechanics.  Some interesting sub-reds, but I only lurk and don't participate there at all.

KuJoe

Verified Provider
I only visit vpsBoard, LET, and WHT but I would love to find some other forums to visit as I basically cycle through all three of them at a rapid pace at night but there's very little activity on any of them during the hours I normally browse. I've been wanting to get back into blogging or maybe volunteering for a tutorial site/blog since I find myself wanting to do more writing and testing/development in a specific web-related field.

HalfEatenPie

The Irrational One
Retired Staff
I look at the common hosting forums every couple of days,  the aforementioned.  Outside of that, I tend not to actively visit other forums.

Reddit, meh, potential or something there.   I am not real thrilled by the site and mechanics.  Some interesting sub-reds, but I only lurk and don't participate there at all.

Yep this is me.  

I look at WHT and vpsBoard mostly.  And a ton of Reddit.  Don't have a ton of time on the internet anyways. 

HBAndrei

Verified Provider
Actively: WHT, DigitalPoint, vpsBoard

From time to time: FreeWebHostingTalk, NetBuilders, DevShed, V7N, HostingDiscussion, NamePros, wJunction

Randomly: pretty much any other forum I stumble upon

clownjugglar

I lurk more than anything.

vpsBoard, LEB(lol)/LET and WHT mostly for really good VPS deals that I can snag up.

Outside of that, reddit for their /r/netsec /r/crypto and /r/privacy subs. Sometimes /r/android can be good. Frontpage and such for random funnies. I don't think there is a VPS related subreddit that is active.

Then I'll hop around tech websites like ars, anand, engadget, techcrunch, techdirt and torrentfreak. Sometimes BGR if I want to read about how great Apple is.

amuck-landowner