amuck-landowner

Good DC to startup with?

Schultz

Hello vpsBoard communiy,

I'm looking for a cost effective, reliable & high quality DC company. My budget at the moment is $90/month for -

(dual) Intel Xeon L5520

24GB/32GB RAM

2x 500GB HDD

1x 32GB/64GB SSD

100Mbit/s @ 10TB BANDWIDTH

/25 IPv4 block

U.S DC location

The DC must have quality peering & bandwidth links. Minimum uptime in the last 6 months 99.90%+

This wil be on a 6 month contract paid upfront with possible further expansions.

Throw the offers my way.

Thank you.

Boxode

blergh

Verified Provider
The budget is pretty tight to be honest, up your budget some and you'll get plenty more offers.

WebSearchingPro

VPS Peddler
Verified Provider
Dacentec comes to mind, I believe their price point is around that.

Last edited by a moderator:

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
That price isn't unrealistic, especially since pre-paying.

5520's at this point are still a bit above the throw away pricing of the 5420's places like Dacentec still push mainly.  Dacentec will RTO these and at worst maybe you need to buy more drives from them or ship them some of your own.

Unrealistic part, the 100Mbit connection.  Resource contention big time if shared environment.

Now, the whole 2 drive setup, yeah, I run silly on my own gear... But for paying customers.....

Check out the serveral known providers in Kansas City that specilize in low cost servers... Wholesale Internet and Joes Datacenter.

clouds4india

Sorry i didnt read the comments below only read post was gonna suggest ioflood with phoenix DC but looking at your budget go with versaweb / fliphost / quickpacket / datashack although ip's are a concern here if you can raise your budget IOFLOOD provides free ips upto 253

"cost effective, reliable & high quality DC company."

"$90"

Something doesn't add up here :)
If OP is willing to buy the hardware and colocate then there are plenty of solid datacenters to choose from. Don't expect any management services for a price like that though.

msp - nick

Verified Provider
Hello vpsBoard communiy,

I'm looking for a cost effective, reliable & high quality DC company. My budget at the moment is $90/month for -

(dual) Intel Xeon L5520

24GB/32GB RAM

2x 500GB HDD

1x 32GB/64GB SSD

100Mbit/s @ 10TB BANDWIDTH

/25 IPv4 block

U.S DC location

The DC must have quality peering & bandwidth links. Minimum uptime in the last 6 months 99.90%+

This wil be on a 6 month contract paid upfront with possible further expansions.

Throw the offers my way.

Thank you.

Boxode
You could try quadranet.com - they will do good deals for you. 

Epidrive

Verified Provider
You could try datashack, they could offer you this for a much cheaper price but not with ipv4's.

sohailflurry

If you think to go with single core instead of dual core than you will get many hosting provider through google search engine 

HalfEatenPie

The Irrational One
Retired Staff
If you think to go with single core instead of dual core than you will get many hosting provider through google search engine 
Wha? I mean...  Why use a single core server?  Are we back in the 90s? 

For VM, single core server is probably not a good idea (you won't get a ton of VMs on it anyways)

SkillerzWeb

You could try quadranet.com - they will do good deals for you. 
Well the OP's budget is 90$/month and the least server on quadranet is priced 169$......

@OP you can try dacentec.com they got many plans for L5420's & L5520's under 90$.

Tho getting a /25 is a bit prob.. They've got /26 for 36.5$

-Thanks-

msp - nick

Verified Provider
Well the OP's budget is 90$/month and the least server on quadranet is priced 169$......

@OP you can try dacentec.com they got many plans for L5420's & L5520's under 90$.

Tho getting a /25 is a bit prob.. They've got /26 for 36.5$

-Thanks-

You cannot beat quality of there network at all. They do make deals - maybe he could contact Adam?

amuck-landowner