amuck-landowner

Colocrossing Achieves Top 5 Rank

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
(originally posted over on WebhostingTalk)

ColoCrossing Achieves Top 5 Rank
Places in Top 1% of all Networks Globally

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Buffalo, NY – June 11, 2014 -ColoCrossing.com, a leading provider of scalable internet hosting solutions, and an Inc. 5000 Honoree,  announced today their Top 5 Rank achievement. The Top 5 placement distinguishes ColoCrossing from all other ISPs and internet hosting companies, and places them in the top 1%.

ColoCrossing has outdone their competition by achieving 5th place on SpamHaus' distinguished list of the World's Worst Spam Support ISPs.  Currently, ColoCrossing is responsible for over 1% of all spam sent to inboxes globally on a daily basis.

Kevin Hillstrand, a representative of one of ColoCrossing's partner companies said, ”We are proud to help ColoCrossing grow in distinction and reach.  Being able to access the mailbox of every email holder on the planet remains important to us, and our customers.  Having a partner like ColoCrossing is key with their nearly inexhaustible supply of IP addresses.”

To celebrate ColoCrossing will be reducing prices on their line of throwaway burner IP addresses.  For as little as 25 cents per IP you can get join the big leagues of ROKSO.  ColoCrossing will include on one of it trademark bargain Intel Xeon E3-1240v2 Quad Core dedicated server rentals a free /24 IPv4 Allocation (253 Usable IPs).

“We understand people need IPs and they need them now.  Sometimes their use can run afoul of industry bullies like SpamHaus, resulting in dreaded IP blacklisting. To assist ColoCrossing has an active 'don't ask and don't tell' exchange policy.  We quickly work to get our customers back online with new IPs with our patent pending IP exchange automation.   We care about the planet so no IP goes wasted, the discards are sent to recycling and reissued to other unsuspecting customers in the future”, said Bilboh Faboz, marketing director.

ColoCrossing will continue to protect  customers from internet bullies by further embracing obfuscation services like Tor (to hide the identity of their customers) and BitCoin (to hide the money trail).  

Last edited by a moderator:

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
I went, I looked, and I saw:

EyPjLoaU5nGmydq.png

D. Strout

Resident IPv6 Proponent
Yeah, I'm fully aware of that, but you could have said something like this:

Wow, ColoCrossing is now the number 5 spammer on Spamhaus' "world's worst" list:

[image]

DomainBop

Dormant VPSB Pathogen
I posted the news of their inclusion on the "world's worst" list here yesterday on another thread...but they were "only" #6 yesterday.  Overnight they racked up another 8 SBLs, 5 of which were (repeat...Yair is back!) ROKSO's

the number 5 spammer on Spamhaus' "world's worst" list:
Actually they're tied for 4th with Chinanet.

Velocity Servers Inc has a lot of IPs but in terms of revenues their projected $12 million this fiscal year makes them a small business by any definition.  They are the ONLY small business on that "worst" list which is quite an accomplishment since the others on that list are giants with hundreds of million (OVH) or billions in revenues (China Unicom) and  millions of users (even OVH is 1+ million users when you add in their ISP divisions).

Moving on to the next bit...I'm sure it's just a coincidence but less than 24 hours after Spamhaus added Velocity Servers to the "worst list" a new (joined June 4th) poster made his first post/thread on the Velocity Servers owned LowEndTalk.com forum accusing Spamhaus of being a bunch of corrupt criminals who practice blackmail, extortion, and tax evasion.  I think one of the daycare kids has a new sockpuppet ID http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/29055/spamhaus-tax-evasion-shell-companies-extortion-strategies-blackmail-and-much-much-more#latest

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
The LET thread grinding Spamhaus is curious.  Well written, but mostly blah, baseless. 

The merits of the arguments are dropboxes for mail and incorporation mills, which are entirely implication point for most hosting companies and a good chunk of incorporations in general.  Heck shining light on that issue implicates 8 out of 10 VPS companies I'd guess.

It's not say the OP over there on that thread isn't onto something.  Unsure where the meat of the issue is, if there is any in that info exploration.

Spamhaus gets a bad rap from misdoers.  No kidding. How many of the folks listed are serial pains in the asses?  How many are repeat offenders?  How many have ties to organized crime rings?  Folks they are SORT of policing with the blacklisting tend not to be upstanding normal people, but rather are law breakers.

To avoid being taken out by such criminals (and there surely are some certified dangerous folks getting listed amongst the heap) the operators of Spamhaus have to take steps to isolate themselves.  Just common sense or they'd get Anonymous'd and DDoS'd and SWATTED out of existence in a few months time.

GreenHostBox

Verified Provider
ColoCrossing be like: Let's celebrate for being in top 5! Now you can buy 10 IPv4 for only $1/m! Get this awesome special promotion now!

Schultz

"We care about the planet so no IP goes wasted, the discards are sent to recycling and reissued to other unsuspecting customers in the future”

Died laughing.

Nonetheless, CC look like a quality DC to the unsuspecting customer - but given the reputation among the hosting industry, it doesn't really seem too good. Other DC providers can provide the same pricing with a much better IP reputation.

Great read.

DomainBop

Dormant VPSB Pathogen
The breakdown of the current Velocity Host SBL listings:

Hudson Valley Host 13 (4 ROKSO)
New Wave NetConnect 13 (1 ROKSO)
Dediserve 7
Unswipped 5 (1 ROKSO, 1 Malware)
Cloud Shards 5
Intercom Online 2
Hypernia Hosting 1
B2Net Solutions 1
VPS Ace 1
BlueVM 1
Fragnet Networks 1
org name: "individual" (LOL) 1

Not this shit again.
When the shit stops spewing from CC's network and  stops filling people's mailboxes then people won't have any reason to start topics like this.  I find the $$ costs of dealing with SPAM sent from spam friendly hosts to be far more annoying than seeing a forum topic I don't like (the horror, someone posted a topic I don't want to read on a forum!.)  :)

======

ColoCrossing is also the #1 spam sending network in Cisco's Senderbase today both in terms of daily spam volume and number of domains sending spam http://www.senderbase.org/static/spam/.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
B2Net Solutions 1

B2Net = ServerMania.   It's similar dual name game with them like ColoCrossing/Velocity.  Just different operating names for units / over time.

Considering how tightly wound B2Net is with CC, it is funny seeing them broke out with other Spamhaus entries not on the CC list.

ServerMania currently has 6 other Spamhaus entries. All are on their ASN.  All are hosted on that lovely Buffalo ColoCrossing network.

Among that 6, a ROKSO entry for ---> http://www.spamhaus.org/rokso/spammer/SPM1324/3-elite-media  - That ROKSO spammer sure likes Buffalo ;)

Yeah, legit to break these out and not punch them into the CC pile.  But odds are other soiled IPs owned by CC aren't being counted under CC.  Saw CVPS soilage under their own entries in the recent past although they don't have their own ASN.

But... but... but...

I find it WEIRD that B2Net is soiling CC's IPs when they are sitting on 246k of their own.

When the shit stops spewing from CC's network and  stops filling people's mailboxes then people won't have any reason to start topics like this

Like I've noted before, CC is pushing 1% of all spam worldwide on daily basis.  That's just what is caught and counted.   Likely is higher....

We can throw another moving metric at this issue, Cleantalk.org:

https://cleantalk.org/blacklists?record=AS36352

They list CC's spam rate at: 87.46%

9770 IPs detected sending mail

8545 detected sending spam.

Nah, they don't have spam issues and are responsible netizens :)

mtwiscool

I do not like how spamhaus list things they need an audit.

and ware is the maths?

something is not right with that number as colocrossing have more then 11k ip addresses.

HostUS-Alexander

Verified Provider

8545 detected sending spam.

Nah, they don't have spam issues and are responsible netizens :)
I do not like how spamhaus list things they need an audit.

and ware is the maths?

something is not right with that number as colocrossing have more then 11k ip addresses.
It's not total IP's, it's total ip's that have a mail server.

Aldryic C'boas

The Pony
Let's try that again, shall we.

They would be more then that many mail servers as most websites use sendmail.
84% of statistics are blatantly fabricated from an utter lack of actual knowledge.
Watch, I can do it too - "Most people that bitch about Spamhaus are spammers."

Now an elucidated reply, since you seem to keep interpreting blunt truth as 'mean'.  Historically, you have shown yourself to be punishingly uneducated in this field.  It's a reasonable assumption that you haven't actually researched the statistics on sendmail usage.  For example, I personally have a hand in the administration of several dozen independant websites - not a single one of those setups uses sendmail.  Just because *you* may have to rely on panels with pre-fab services doesn't make the same true of everyone.

amuck-landowner