• Announcements

• MannDude

Current state of vpsBoard   02/04/2017

Dear vpsBoard members and guests:

Over the last year or two vpsBoard activity and traffic has dwindled. I have had a change of career and interests, and as such am no longer an active member of the web hosting industry.

Due to time constraints and new interests I no longer wish to continue to maintain vpsBoard. The web site will remain only as an archive to preserve and showcase some of the great material, guides, and industry news that has been generated by members, some of which I remain in contact to this very day and now regard as personal friends.

I want to thank all of our members who helped make vpsBoard the fastest growing industry forum. In it's prime it was an active and ripe source of activity, news, guides and just general off-topic banter and fun.

I wish all members and guests the very best, whether it be with your business or your personal projects.

-MannDude
MannDude

New vpsBoard summer contest! Win some cash.

49 posts in this topic

Are the reviews only for VPS and dedicated server providers or does it also include web hosting providers?

Are the reviews only for VPS and dedicated server providers or does it also include web hosting providers?

I'd allow regular hosting providers (shared/reseller). Though it's not really our focus here, it's still relevant to the interest of some. :)

Does it have to be about a vps from a vps provider? Does colocation count?

Does it have to be about a vps from a vps provider? Does colocation count?

Yes, that's fine. If it's relevant to the itnerest of the user base, I'll allow it.

To recap: Shared, reseller, VPS, Cloud, Dedicated, Colocation. Is fine. I'll go as far as allow hardware, devices and gear.

Any idea when this ends?

Any idea when this ends?

@MannDude said it ends August 1st.

2 people like this

Remember, the contest ends in 3 weeks. No one has entered. In that case, ol' MannDude keeps the money. :)

Remember, the contest ends in 3 weeks. No one has entered. In that case, ol' MannDude keeps the money. :)

I think many of us might have thought you'd just look at the reviews forum. I know I did. I see now we need to post a link, so here's my first entry: 

2 people like this

I think many of us might have thought you'd just look at the reviews forum. I know I did. I see now we need to post a link, so here's my first entry: 

Good point... should lump in all those reviews from start date until end date maybe... so no child gets left behind :)

1 person likes this

From my original post:

How to enter the contest:

• Write a detailed review of your service provider(s). (See below for what we would consider a proper entry, and what we would consider to be a poor and invalid entry)
  • Respond to this thread with a link to your review that you are entering.

:)

I'll go look at the review forum too, but as per the original rules please post the URL in here too which makes it easier for me.

2 people like this

Here is my EDIS.at review:

You must provide proof of being with with said provider.

Any idea how to do this?

1 person likes this

echo "Hello VPSB, from gxbfxvar" > /var/www/hellovpsb
2 people like this

Thanks for the entries so far. About to do an email blast so don't pick a side of the coin yet you two, haha.

Here is my review. 

MannDude, can we PM in regards to proof of ownership?

Edited by Ivan
1 person likes this

Here is my review. 

MannDude, can we PM in regards to proof of ownership?

Yes, please do. I may not respond immediately but I will (eventually) :)

1 person likes this

Most the review came from wlanboy anyway, but well his review are very details.

Finally starting to get more than one or two reviews in - maybe it's that big banner in everyone's face :P Excellent reviews so far @gxbfxvar. Looks like I'm getting some competition, maybe I should write up three or four more :)

1 person likes this

Thanks for the entries. Keep them coming, the contest is almost over!