amuck-landowner

[Market Research] For People in Europe or Near Europe - Would you buy 500GB in the US or 250GB in EU

serverian

Verified Provider
Would you buy 500GB in the US or 250GB in Europe for the same price? or Would you buy 500GB in Europe for $3 more than in the US?

We are looking to open up a new location in Netherlands for Backupsy for a popular demand. Due to hardware and IP costs, we are not able to offer our regular packages and prices in Europe. So we are wondering if it would worth our while to do this.

I personally thank everyone who contribute to this poll.

Chronic

Personally I don't care that much where my storage server is located, as long as it performs well. I'd go for the US location.

Last edited by a moderator:

notFound

Don't take me seriously!
Verified Provider
I don't think it matters too much when it comes to backups as long as the VM is solid, stable and has a decent and consistent network speed. Having said that for $3 extra it is worth a try.

Corporal Clegg

I don't think it matters too much when it comes to backups as long as the VM is solid, stable and has a decent and consistent network speed. Having said that for $3 extra it is worth a try.
Quite a bit more posibilities with KVM (or XEN for that matter).

Prometeus offer 250GB storage KVM for about same price with no "restrictions", except resources.

Do the same, and I'd buy. +2$ for "usage": no.

johnlth93

It's a though choice. maybe i will take 500G in US unless i really need it to be in EU

usually i don't  :)

Chronic

I tried searching for this offer but I couldn't find it, could you help me? Thanks! 
I haven't noticed any storage offers from Prometeus/IperWeb for a while either. I managed to get a 200GB plan on April 1., but soon thereafter, I noticed they have withdrawn the storage offers. As it looks now, they are not offering any, but I might just be blind.

wlanboy

Content Contributer
Well I think a more important point is missing:

I would even take the 250GB in the US. My current backup box is in Atlanta.

In my opinion ping does not count for backups. Only throughput.

If I could choose between 30ms with 1Mbit/s or 130ms with 30Mbits/s ... well what connection would you choose to get your 5GB db backup back?

prometeus

Verified Provider
I tried searching for this offer but I couldn't find it, could you help me? Thanks! 
I haven't noticed any storage offers from Prometeus/IperWeb for a while either. I managed to get a 200GB plan on April 1., but soon thereafter, I noticed they have withdrawn the storage offers. As it looks now, they are not offering any, but I might just be blind.
We are out of stock for now. Hostbill stock control leave the category page but not the plan details when stock is 0 so I disabled the whole page :)

Hope to have stock again in the next week

LusoVPS

Verified Provider
I would go with the 500GB in US. If it's going to be use as a backup space, it doesn't really matter where it is.

The only thing to consider is that the network is good to the backup source.

Regards

amuck-landowner