amuck-landowner

Virtovo sold. Selling Colocrossing network now.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
I waited a bit here before power posting on this matter.  The original Virtovo owner(s) seemed to have right intentions and all.  But post sales/handoff/dealing away of their company, meh, maybe not so.   WHOIS info changed for Virtovo.com... I don't believe customers were notified...

Nowhere have I found some announcement formal or unofficial BREAKING NEWS. 

What I have found is a moderator elsewhere playing lol games with the acquiring company in rapid tennis fashion.  And I've foundt two UK companies circling the carcass seemingly on same thread later.  But that's just my opinion.. Ho hum...

To the business side of things...

client.virtovo.com

within the page = Google Analytics.

ga('create', 'UA-40305974-3', 'auto');
An arbitrary check of that tracking code.... Yields this:

http://sameid.net/analytics/40305974/

Domain / Last seenexport: txt IP Available details **stcake.com >>
2014.06.14 172.245.214.2 >> Analytics: UA-40305974
Email: sales(x)ftpit.com **pit.com >>
2014.06.24 172.245.214.27 >> Analytics: UA-40305974
and virtovo.com is hosted on FTPIt IP space...

There you have it.... ftpit.com owns it....

Here's the gotcha MF'ers part though...

FTPIT is banned from WHT.... No clue why... I am lazy.. someone go find out...

So now they are using Virtovo's account to offer up on WHT....

Do I smell another WHT ban for yet another CC related company?  Oh yeah...

Last edited by a moderator:

DomainBop

Dormant VPSB Pathogen
The original Virtovo owner(s) seemed to have right intentions and all.
I mentioned this on the other thread and I'll mention it here again, there have been rumors floating around that "Susan" who appeared in December was Marc from ShardHost who hasn't been heard from since November.  If Virtovo would like to dispel these rumors...

But post sales/handoff/dealing away of their company, meh, maybe not so.   WHOIS info changed for Virtovo.com... I don't believe customers were notified...
The registered company, Virtovo Ltd hasn't been sold, and it is still listed as active at Companies House with Susan as the director.  It appears to have been just an asset sale.

The customers weren't notified of the change (I was a customer). It's unclear whether the customers were part of the asset sale. The new owner switched the billing panel to WHMCS and my email address doesn't appear to be in the new billing portal (the password reset returns 'customer account not found').

There you have it.... ftpit.com owns it....
..and who does FTPit rent their servers from? Hint: FTPiT isn't a direct CC customer and they don't rent from HVH...

Question: when did FTPiT change their WHOIS to private? #winning!

edited to answer my own question:

It looks like the FTPiT WHOIS was made private in late April.  #winning

google cache of the pulled WHT offer: http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:TzDG6U5VEugJ:www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php%3Fp%3D9174551+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

MartinD

Retired Staff
Verified Provider
Retired Staff
Also worth noting that the user changed their nickname too - it's now virtovojimmy or something.

ftpitnipon

Hello

1.the whois issue at our site

I have moved the domain to namesilo where they added the whois by default.I am correcting it very soon.

2.CC shell company

NO,we are not.We have still incero as location.Jarland and rayan can verify that. :) does any of those companies use other than CC locations ?

3.Virtovo acquisition

Only domain is acquired a few days ago.No customers acquisition happened,just only domain.Nothing more is acquired to make any annoucements or such

DomainBop

Dormant VPSB Pathogen
3.Virtovo acquisition

Only domain is acquired a few days ago.No customers acquisition happened,just only domain
So did you acquire the domain so you could get around your WHT ban and post offers there?

for reference, 2 of the suspended IDs: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/member.php?u=416492

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/member.php?u=445726

Also, do you make it a habit of creating new IDs and shilling your own company on WHT?

virtovovinay online.gif

I have used Ramnode and FtpIT
Ramnode will give you lesser space,but FTPIT seems to having more space

You can use any of them according to your need
http://www.webhostingtalk.com/member.php?u=542870

ftpitnipon

So did you acquire the domain so you could get around your WHT ban and post offers there?

for reference, the suspended ID: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/member.php?u=416492

Also, do you make it a habit of creating new IDs and shilling your own company on WHT?

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/member.php?u=542870
No the domain was acquired for a employer of mine,I will pass on to them once susan provide me the other details and they asked to post in forums to promote the domain and yes I work for delima tech of malayasia who will get the domain later on

pubcrawler posted about it in let long ago,this the same company

ftpitnipon

Let me clear the wht fiasco

I was first using the letwebhost id as personal id and then when ftpit was started we made that id If I am right.

At that time ,like all forum newbies I was not aware that two ids not allowed

in the beginning,Ftpit was chris ID in forums and letwebhost was mine

So they banned me beacause of that even after I have asked them closing the personal id and make ftpit as main id.

To be honest,I exactly do not remember the exact details right now since this was long ago

DomainBop

Dormant VPSB Pathogen
No the domain was acquired for a employer of mine
Why did you change the original "customer" in that sentence  to "employer" ?

Let me clear the wht fiasco
You conveniently sidestepped the issue of the virtovovinay ID (the same one that posted the pulled Virtovo offer today) recommending FTPiT on WHT.

ftpitnipon

Why did you change the original "customer" in that sentence to "employer" ?.
They are my employer..There is a pub crawler thread at let,they are the same people ,I do not know if drmike remembers or not

I will change the Whois of the site to them tomorrow ,I am working as mediator in this since they have no time for those and plus I work for them

This is how the story goes

At first virtovo was contacted by us to acquire the customers ,they said they would not sell customers.please see the virtovo thread at LET where they posted about selling and then about not selling as last.

So I stopped the conversation there,later my employer told me if I can give them an established domain

I thought this domain will be best for them,so technically I am a mediator in the transaction .they have hundreds of customers in local market so acquiring a domain name will work for them.Any more question ,please contact them tomorrow once Whois is updated,they are yet to pay me though.Forum posts were made on being asked by them

Even Susan or whoever you think has been told about it that I am not the real owner.The other question will be replied by pm tomorrow since it is 7 am here

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
I am open minded and deals do get dizzying....  Hopefully @ftpitnipon and his employer or whoever can step up and clear things...

Virtovo was a good brand, but absent customers coming along, it's a weird acquisition to do and to start running ads for... Considering so recently was close one location then another, then goodbye and now quickly selling CC pass through servers....

I'll note somewhere in the muck I noticed the SWIP on FTPIT IPs being Cloudshards again ;)  Poor QueryFoundry can't stay off the radar lately and unintended....  I just say it cause others saw this and I don't want people think I am handing out free ride tickets at the carnival again.

Popcorn time.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
PS: If everything can be explained clearly and all, good... Will be a breath of fresh air.... I am 100% for this..  and ideally WHT rewards the folks involved / gets them a corporate account without mixing up prior issues that resulted in a ban...

I'll hold on any info publishing on this and let the owners clear the air... But there will be more Q&A if anything is odd...

ftpitnipon

We have some ips swiped to bitaccel even,where they are the old cc customers.It is whole of /25

ftpitnipon

whois is updated to them to avoid the confusions ,though they are yet to clear my payments but feel I need to do it.

I am moving their customers to the billing panel this week.I work for them as webdeveloper and maintaining their customers

Currently FTPIT whois is using my address as the namesilo by default changed the owner address but the domain is originally owned by chris,so I will correct them as soon I get his latest address

Also we are not related to CC except the server purchases . All of our KVM services have been with incero and I work closely with Ryan for issues and jarland as mentor :)

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
but the domain is originally owned by chris

Which domain are we speaking of?  Chris who and which company affiliation?  Just for clarification so no inferred anything gets in here...

Wintereise

I'll note somewhere in the muck I noticed the SWIP on FTPIT IPs being Cloudshards again
This is because it's our IP space (from CC). If the client requests it, we can further delegate it down to their org IDs should it be needed.

But yes, old entries and nobody requested that they be updated.

Aldryic C'boas

The Pony
2.CC shell company

NO,we are not.We have still incero as location.Jarland and rayan can verify that. :) does any of those companies use other than CC locations ?
Actually - yes.  Several of them used non-CC locations in an attempt to disguise their ownership - and one child in particular made a HUGE fuss over the fact that he was using non-CC locations.  Cue to a couple months later, when he plays the "look at me pay attention to me" card with the fake suicide drama, and suddenly "his company" is moving back to CC again.

So, remains to be seen.

ftpitnipon

I have just found the reason why I got banned in WHT.You can see from the thread,I was novice at that stage,not reading the forum rules like everyone else.I thought business and personal account to separate from each other,not knowing two accounts not allowed.Please do not laugh at me now :(

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1228255&highlight=ftpit

This is the LET thread.Same tophost2u would be using the domain where I work

http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/9854/sulv-d-i-m-just-having-doubts-about-ftpit/p1

Chris is the owner of FTPIT and he is also partner of the company.We have transferred the domain from godaddy to namesilo where they added the whois by default

DomainBop

Dormant VPSB Pathogen
Also we are not related to CC except the server purchases .
Dr Mike and Dr Pony said CC related.  I said #winning related.  :)

You're buying from CC direct now and not buying your servers from Mr. #winning anymore? (asking because the test IPs in your LET offer today were showing #winning...and by the way, the Chicago 23.94.x.x one is still blacklisted.  I'd be bitching up a storm at the DC over that)

ftpitnipon

I have multiple servers with multiple providers,so I cannot say exactly I have from this provider and not from that provider .CC or #winning whoever provides best pricing,I buy from them.

Yes,I have servers from both and Incero at this moment

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
I have just found the reason why I got banned in WHT.You can see from the thread,I was novice at that stage,not reading the forum rules like everyone else.I thought business and personal account to separate from each other,not knowing two accounts not allowed.Please do not laugh at me now :(
Without reading, noted multiple account issue prior on WHT...  Many of hosts have been snagged for such.... Very common and some subset were honest, but unaware of house rules.  WHT is all but one market and big picture over-inflated market that is meh... Not so great on ROI for many folks.

This matter had multiple points of wondering - like the WHOIS info on the virtovo.com domain.

And fine to buy from whoever at CC has pickpocket pricing #winning price. Intricate game the play out with such... (cough).

Not to be slappy, but... "I have multiple servers with multiple provider".... Is I, you as employee and/or you personally and or?  Often things get ahh slipped in communications unintentionally and posturing about WE (when company is one person) or referring to the company in third person is fashionable.

Even though you use CC and multiple issues, I am rooting for you being all clean and come out the other side of this ready to do business in a big way.... Yeah CC certainly getting you more heat than if you were say Incero + whoever else hosting. 

amuck-landowner