amuck-landowner

What's your car?

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
I am fond of bicycles... I cycle where and when I can.  Been a tough year 2014, so behind on getting up to my annual cycling mile quota.  Had been doing 4-6000 miles a year in past years.  IN longer timeline was well over 10k miles a year.

Cars are a necessary evil for business aka commerce....  I have a work van and an import wagon.

Serve By Design

Verified Provider
I am fond of bicycles... I cycle where and when I can.  Been a tough year 2014, so behind on getting up to my annual cycling mile quota.  Had been doing 4-6000 miles a year in past years.  IN longer timeline was well over 10k miles a year.

Cars are a necessary evil for business aka commerce....  I have a work van and an import wagon.
This is my first year back on a bicycle and I thought I was doing well with 800 miles so far.  Geez.

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
2001_ford_focus_lx_north_richland_hills_tx_100145212086066069.jpg

Not my picture, but it's dark outside.

2001 Ford Focus I paid $900 for. It's a turd and I need to go to the mechanic. The body is in good shape, and it runs. But it needs new motor mounts and new front tires. I've put like 25 miles on it in the last month... I don't really drive enough for me to be worried about it a ton right now. I live downtown. I can walk most places I need to go. :)

List of things wrong with it:

• Trunk lock is broken as someone pried the trunk open in the past. Trunk stays shut but you can enter the car even with the doors locked by just opening the trunk lid, pushing the back seats down and wa-la, you're in my car.
  • One door handle doesn't latch to anything and thus is useless.
  • Seatbelt sensor doesn't work so it beeps non-stop while driving alerting you to put your seatbelt on... even if it's on.
  • Motor mounts need replaced.
  • If you drive for too long it starts to smell like exhaust inside. Get to play, 'Stay awake and arrive alive'.
  • Previous owner rigged some stupid speaker setup in it and had shitty wiring throughout that was routed strangely. Still have remnants of that to clean up.
  • Front tires need replaced.
That's it I think. It's not that bad, really. I'll probably find out that transmission needs replaced too when I take it into the shop but we'll see... It was a $1500 car that I got for $900, I'm not complaining. Was stupid cheap.

Last edited by a moderator:

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Oh yeah, my other whips:

fp2dnDI.jpg

gqeSdFJ.jpg

Motorcycle needs works. New tires, new starter, and needs that god awful silver paint stripped off and restored to it's original glory. Previous owner was lazy and let it sit out, uncovered in the snow all winter and apparently decided to spray paint everything that was chrome, silver. I can only assume there were rust spots that he didn't want to clean up so instead painted over it... 

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
2004 Nissan 350Z. Direct descendant of a classic and a great machine
I use to love the Z cars.. The original ones, Datsun.  While not 0-60 line champs, I could take my 280 series out and blow 100MPH sustained all afternoon, and did....

Last time I was in a Z car, it was 155MPH and the lines were solid on the road....

I am a recovering speed freak.  Glad to be, or I would have been dead decades ago.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
This is one of my regular rides.. Not me, just the same bike, minus all the accessories and addons I have :)

GZIhMcKYQ81CTOM.jpg

fizzyjoe908

Verified Provider
I use to love the Z cars.. The original ones, Datsun.  While not 0-60 line champs, I could take my 280 series out and blow 100MPH sustained all afternoon, and did....

Last time I was in a Z car, it was 155MPH and the lines were solid on the road....

I am a recovering speed freak.  Glad to be, or I would have been dead decades ago.
Hm, yeah. The V6 engines in these things leave a little to be desired for me but with aftermarket exhaust, it sounds great.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Hm, yeah. The V6 engines in these things leave a little to be desired for me but with aftermarket exhaust, it sounds great.
New Z's along with most vehicles kind of lost it when everything went so non-metal.

Old cars, absent all the safety crap, many of people totalled and lived to tell the tales.  New cars since late 1990's onward leave me feeling naked.   One of the reasons I cut the speed out :)

But the 350's are nice eyecandy and crazy on aftermarket like most imports.... I never got into the aftermarket craze... Closest I got was a 280 with a Chevy 350 :)  That was sheer horror and a widow maker on four wheels.

I wouldn't mind a proper, somewhat older Skyline out of Japan though.  Best I can do easily is an Infiniti knock off... Meh...

I wish they'd bring Datsun back as a value leader with low cost and interesting cars that are go-kart like...

Coastercraze

Top Thrill
Verified Provider
2013 Buick Verano 1SG. Not my pic since it's dark outside, but same color - Luxo Blue Metallic.

lead2-2013-buick-verano-turbo-review.jpg

iWF-Jacob

Verified Provider
2004 Ram 1500 Quad Cab 4x4 SLT. Something along the lines of this47048303.jpg

kcaj

11648551906_76465fe10b_o.jpg

As good as it gets for me. Though having to use these to travel daily for the past 3 years, I'm so glad to have finished college and be moving onto University where I have everything around me resulting in no travelling. (Not often anyway!) They're late, have grumpy drivers and stink!

Onra Host

Verified Provider
A 2008 S550 AMG and a 2010 Range Rover Supercharged. 

black on black '11 335d & lovin' it also.
Just sold my 2008 M3 about a week ago....but about a month ago I had my 03 e46 325Ci (First car) transmission go out on me as I took it to get a car wash :( .

BMW's are shit cars(excuse my language) but I still love them for some reason :/...my mechanic friends tell me all the time BMW and MB cars keep their shops in business lol

D. Strout

Resident IPv6 Proponent
A shitty, beat up bike and shitty, beat up city buses. Both are free, though, so there's that. Of course, I don't get out much anyway :) In the interest of full disclosure (since I don't care if Internet strangers know), I don't even have my license. I just started working on it because it seems to be the "thing to do", but I probably won't use it much.

amuck-landowner