• Announcements

• MannDude

Current state of vpsBoard   02/04/2017

Dear vpsBoard members and guests:

Over the last year or two vpsBoard activity and traffic has dwindled. I have had a change of career and interests, and as such am no longer an active member of the web hosting industry.

Due to time constraints and new interests I no longer wish to continue to maintain vpsBoard. The web site will remain only as an archive to preserve and showcase some of the great material, guides, and industry news that has been generated by members, some of which I remain in contact to this very day and now regard as personal friends.

I want to thank all of our members who helped make vpsBoard the fastest growing industry forum. In it's prime it was an active and ripe source of activity, news, guides and just general off-topic banter and fun.

I wish all members and guests the very best, whether it be with your business or your personal projects.

-MannDude
MannDude

BitCoin in the hosting industry case study... who wants to partake?

53 posts in this topic

Which bitcoin processor are hosts here using ? Any reliable ones for Eastern Europe ?

On 4/2/2016 at 3:59 AM, RosenHost said:

Which bitcoin processor are hosts here using ? Any reliable ones for Eastern Europe ?

CryptoPay (aff) is a quite reliable Bitcoin processor for European merchants. :)

1 person likes this

We have been taking bitcoin now for about 9 months or so and have not really notice that many people switching to it or even using it. 

I would say for us its maybe 1 out or 20 orders or so that use bitcoin

The Bitcoin 'HYIP Monitor' sites are hilarious.

On 01/07/2016 at 10:02 PM, HN-Matt said:

The Bitcoin 'HYIP Monitor' sites are hilarious.

Sucker. Thats just what the banks want you to think! I made 6000% ROI last week.

Cloud mining in ponzi heaven. Shout outs to CP and especially BM for keeping the dream alive. 1918 forever!

16 hours ago, HN-Matt said:

& down it goes

I saw.

#lol.

1 person likes this

'You have taken my coin, sir!' someone's ugly, rasping voice rapped out — 'Please be so good as to return it!' — the crowd of players and curious onlookers standing around the table was still circling about him, like people riding on a merry-go-round — and someone began to tug at his sleeve — a gentleman with a squashed, clean-shaven face and a dyed moustache who stared at him intently with bulging, colourless eyes, saying something in French, but with an unpleasant accent, either Polish or German — and the merry-go-round suddenly came to a halt, although all the people riding on it remained at a rakish angle through inertia — frozen as in a tableau vivant, but with their eyes fixed on him, and even the croupiers, seated at either side of the table, raised their impassive faces — and he suddenly realized that he was being addressed and that somehow or other he had managed to rake in a coin belonging to this unknown gentleman, but what significance did this hold compared to his flight up towards the peak which had revealed itself to him? — and he mumbled some excuse and said that it was absent-mindedness, as he continued on his way, through inertia, floating in the clouds, unaware of anything else that was going on.

1 person likes this

We have been accepting Bitcoin via Coinbase for 3 years now without any incidents!

The Take Rate is low, i was reading 1 in 20 and would have to agree.
It does not cost any money (monthly) and is cheaper on transaction fee.
Coinbase merchant does allow for daily withdraw in case you are worried about value fluctuation.

We added this month the bitcoin as a payment method and appears to be an interesting solution, I hope to help soon with our experience on the use of BTC.

We have been using bitpay for about 2 years now, but its barely used compared to our other payment processors. 

Thanks,
Dan