amuck-landowner

Soooo I got screwed by Phones4U my pre-ordered IPhone6 got canceled

Shivam

as they said
argh gonna have to purchase it from somewhere else now might just go directly with apple.

Dear Customer,

Following the unexpected decision of EE and Vodafone to withdraw supply from Phones4U , we regret that we are offline. Please accept our apologies and we will update you as soon as possible

Our customer service lines are:

• Phones 4u Customer Service 0844 8712253 

• Technical Support 0844 8712233 

• Handset Repairs 0844 8712269 

• Phones 4u Care (Insurance) 0844 8710535 

• LIFE Mobile Customer Service 0844 3221133

Thank you for your custom 

The heartbroken Phones4u Team

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
They were accepting preorders of a product they weren't authorized to sell and was hoping they'd be able to obtain them, by the sounds of it. I take it you already got your money returned to you?

MartinD

Retired Staff
Verified Provider
Retired Staff
They did have them however they've just been told their last provider is pulling out.

It's a shitty move from EE.

MartinD

Retired Staff
Verified Provider
Retired Staff
Actually, more to the point, how have you been screwed?

You haven't lost out in any way.

Shivam

Well in terms of me waiting longer , since i now have to find another provider with a good contract deal, and yeah i got a refund 

DomainBop

Dormant VPSB Pathogen
In the US it's illegal to charge for a product until it's shipped usually.
It's not illegal in the US.  Under both the Fair Credit Billing Act and the FTC's Mail or Telephone Order Merchandise Rule it is illegal not to ship within the advertised timeframe (e.g. if merchant says "average delivery time xx days" then they must ship within xx days.  If the merchant doesn't advertise a delivery timeframe then it must be shipped within 30 days). 

It is however a violation of Visa and Mastercard rules to charge the card (also known as "capture") before the item ships (obtaining an authorization before it ships is OK ). 

For debit cards (including  those with a Visa or MasterCard logo) the same FTC and Visa/MC rules apply but the governing Federal law is the Electronic Funds Transfer Act not the FCBA.

fatboy

They did have them however they've just been told their last provider is pulling out.

It's a shitty move from EE.
To be honest, in my opinion, EE are shitty full stop. Penny pinching their customers, and by the look of it their partners, is top of their game. Lost count of how many times I had to get on the phone to sort out problems with EE. Canned my contract early, they said they owed my 160 odd quid after some billing cockups which ended up with them saying I owed them 80 quid more!

Saying that, Phones 4U is a shady shop at best - hard pushing, fast talking salesmen trying to upgrade you on everything. Perhaps its just the local stores but I wouldn't trust them as far as I could throw them so good riddance.

Well in terms of me waiting longer , since i now have to find another provider with a good contract deal, and yeah i got a refund 
Not sure what the coverage is round where you are, but looking at this article: http://www.lifehacker.co.uk/2014/09/15/planhacker-best-iphone-6-deals-tariffs-uk-updating you could get a cheaper tariff on something like 3 with all you can eat data. I moved to 3 after EE and its been a breath of fresh air. Even with less than brilliant reception I can watch netflix / sky on the phone when required without buffering or a problem (or a nasty bill!).

Not sure why iPhones command a higher than most up front payment and tariff anyway, but being an Android and Windows phone man perhaps I just don't understand :)

Last edited by a moderator:
amuck-landowner