amuck-landowner

General Talk Regarding HostGuard

Shivam

Hey,

I've been wondering if anyone has had experience using HostGuard Control Panel? 

i want to start using it but i wonder if its up to par with solusvm highly unlikely but who knows they might have features solusvm doesn't so wondering if anyone has knowledge to why or why i shouldn't i use it?

Kind Regards

Shivam

KuJoe

Verified Provider
We had been testing it for a while but ultimately cancelled our licenses because we didn't have time to focus on it. We've had a lot of clients that tried using it but had a lot of difficulties getting it installed on OpenVZ (we had some also, but I figured out most of the issues after a support ticket or 2 to them). The panel looked nice and had some really nice features but in the end, we stuck with SolusVM because it was only a few dollars more per month for 2 nodes and we don't like changing things on our KVM nodes.

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
I've not used it but I was happy to see it released. I welcome with wide open arms any product or service that offers a promising alternative to any of the bigger, more known solutions. I'm sure it will develop into a nice well rounded solution as time goes on.

What hosts are currently using it? I sort of make a point to sign up with providers with unique panels, either home brewed or lesser known ones. I've actually not used their panel in a real live environment, would be nice to take it for a test drive.

KuJoe

Verified Provider
What hosts are currently using it? I sort of make a point to sign up with providers with unique panels, either home brewed or lesser known ones. I've actually not used their panel in a real live environment, would be nice to take it for a test drive.
+1, if there's a reputable provider out there using it I would probably sign up just to play with it.

AMDbuilder

Verified Provider
HostGuard is still a young product as @KuJoe mentioned earlier, and as such it does require more assistance at this point in time.  It can work as an alternative to SolusVM, and it is improving on a regular basis.  I know their support has been outstanding, despite being one of their more squeaky users.

If you want ready to go now - SolusVM

If you don't mind a little more work for a more security focused system - HostGuard

I'm more than happy to answer any specific questions regarding the system, or if you want to give it a spin we are actually using it.

If you want some end user feedback on the system check out @D. Strout's review: 

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
Is HostGuard still being actively developed? forums have been dead for many months now.
I've been talking to Richard on/off over the past couple weeks and he mentioned they've been working on fixing all the bugs people reported during their soft launch.

Francisco

Shivam

Yeah i might start using them but i'l probably test them out and get familiar before making a decision i might regret. But to be quite fair i love their panel more then solusvm

amuck-landowner