amuck-landowner

cpanel w/ssl hosting needed

Aranjedeath

Heyo, new here, so sorry ahead of time if I mess anything up. 

I assist a design firm that previously was in the business of hosting the customers they did design for. It's mostly a collection of small, local businesses. This worked well, but the firm is getting out of the hosting business and so I'm helping them look for places to send the currently hosted customers to. 

The company currently has a liquidweb dedi, which is fantastic, but even their "cpanel hosting" vps tier is 50/mo, which is a bit much for these businesses. 

The sites are mostly carts (not all) that need cpanel, and a unique IP for ssl (unless the newest versions of cpanel remove this restriction). They're not tech people, so they should never have to deal with anything outside of payments and cpanel. Decent support is a plus, of course. 

The ones that need ssl have certificates already, usually through godaddy.

cart details: it's all paypal integration, so PCI-DSS compliance is not necessary. cart is in php. 

Most of the customers have more email stored on our servers than they get traffic each month, so. 

The optimal case here is a decent price, and one-click migration from our cpanel to yours.

I, and the firm, are severing our hosting relationship with these companies, so a reseller account is not needed.

I'm looking for somebody well-established, who can take care of these people. We've hosted them for (depending on the customer) around 6 years now.

I expect these relationships to continue well into the future.

Thanks, in advance.

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
Since you need extra IP's those are $1/month.

If you can extend your budget a bit, we have a fully managed cpanel VPS w/ 2GB RAM + 16 IP's planned

for $30 it looks like :)

If I'm breaking any rules mods, I'll take my smiting.

If our plans interest you, you can log a ticket and we can help with migrations, assuming all of them want to move. If you give us root access we can migrate them over w/o any real hurdles.

EDIT - I screwed up and thought you were wanting to move all of them as your own, not that you were setting them free.

Francisco

Last edited by a moderator:

SGC-Hosting

Verified Provider
 one-click migration from our cpanel to yours.
Just an FYI - any cPanel host should be able to restore a full backup created by cPanel - this should make it fairly straight forward.

It sounds like you're looking for a shared web host rather than a VPS host, correct?

amuck-landowner