amuck-landowner

Any review of Virpus after they bought by WOW?

Virpus-Ken

Verified Provider
Just had enough really.

When Kenneth left -- things changed.
Hi there,

I know this is a somewhat old thread but I just wanted to advise that I am still with the company (I'm actually in that pic that DomainBop posted).  If you don't mind, can let please share a ticket ID so that I can review your account.  What type of service did you/do you have with us?

Thanks,

Ken

Last edited by a moderator:

DomainBop

Dormant VPSB Pathogen
Necroing this old thread because this news somehow flew under the radar: WOW's ownership of Virpus was short-lived (about 1 year).  WOW sold the brand to Cloud Equity Group in September 2015.

press release: http://www.prweb.com/releases/cloud-equity-group/virpus-acquisition/prweb12957571.htm

About Cloud Equity Group Cloud Equity Group is a Wall Street based private equity and mezzanine debt firm strategically positioned to capitalize on the consolidating industries of web hosting and cloud-based infrastructure. The company’s primary focus is leveraging investor capital in the acquisition of private lower middle market companies that possess high levels of unlevered free cash flow and/or significant opportunity for exponential growth.

Cloud Equity also owns Fresh Roasted Hosting (acquired May 2015) and Just199 Hosting (acquired 2014).

Aaron C

I have been a customer for years I was traveling when my renewal was due last month. I paid the day I returned it was 12 days late and they wiped the whole system. They had no problem accepting the payment and telling me everything was fine then two weeks go by and nothing. I was told today they have a 10 day grace period sorry???

I would avoid them...

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
I have been a customer for years I was traveling when my renewal was due last month. I paid the day I returned it was 12 days late and they wiped the whole system. They had no problem accepting the payment and telling me everything was fine then two weeks go by and nothing. I was told today they have a 10 day grace period sorry???

I would avoid them...

Sorry about your bad luck.

I tell companies to retain containers and data as long as reasonable.  Usually preferred a month... Often in practice two weeks (their constraints and preference).

I've had the same pay after the destruction experience with other providers.  Shortcoming of the generic software they use for payments and not tying systems to payments well enough.

amuck-landowner