amuck-landowner

Need help? Need to contact a moderator or admin? Read this!

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
I get a lot of PMs and I'm really bad about prompt responses. I tend to read them on my phone, or read them at times I am busy and forget to respond to them when I have the chance to as they're already marked as read. So, because I am not the only one who can offer assistance with some of these matters and to have a more organized method of reviewing, responding and helping you guys out when needed I have created the Helpdesk / Contact Staff forum.

Only you (And staff) can read the threads you create in this forum, other members can not read or see what you post in here. This way when you want to bring something to our attention, we can all review it, comment, or update you. This should result in quicker responses, less "Sorry, I forgot to respond"s from myself and offer a more organized solution to contacting us. 

So, if you need to contact us regarding an issue, question or concern please utilize this forum instead of PMing me or the other mods direct.

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

Mid

Why not create a link that is visible throwout the site (instead of just on a thread that has 60 views as of now) and probably disable PM? (and if possible put the link there in the PM page)

DomainBop

Dormant VPSB Pathogen
2:00AM member opens thread in new help desk forum

2:10AM member updates thread: "why u no answer???"

2:20AM member updates again: "answer, or I'll call my lawyer"

2:30AM member starts thread on WHT: "BEWARE vpsb no support EVER!!! Suggest me new VPS forum"

rds100

Verified Provider
Can you at least make that forum group title appear non-bold? Now it makes me want to click it everyone i see it.

Mid

2:00AM member opens thread in new help desk forum

2:10AM member updates thread: "why u no answer???"

2:20AM member updates again: "answer, or I'll call my lawyer"

2:30AM member starts thread on WHT: "BEWARE vpsb no support EVER!!! Suggest me new VPS forum"
I don't know who you refer to by 'member', but I have never disturbed the mods with PMs, and in fact I haven't sent a single PM to MannDude (so far I have only sent one PM to MartinD that too to delete a post made by me, which he said can't be done; but later I saw MannDude deleting posts; I knew "post can't be deleted" was just a lie or a lazy reply from MartinD).

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Can you at least make that forum group title appear non-bold? Now it makes me want to click it everyone i see it.
Unsure, doesn't look like it. Ideally I'd like to remove the post count in there too so it's invisible.

I don't know who you refer to by 'member', but I have never disturbed the mods with PMs, and in fact I haven't sent a single PM to MannDude (so far I have only sent one PM to MartinD that too to delete a post made by me, which he said can't be done; but later I saw MannDude deleting posts; I knew "post can't be deleted" was just a lie or a lazy reply from MartinD).
Domainbop was obviously being sarcastic. We don't remove content by request unless it's something like a double post, spam, or a personal attack on another member, etc, etc. I've had a few requests from people wanting stuff removed, namely because they were able to convince LET to remove a thread that said this or that about them or because they did something stupid and later want the proof of it removed, etc. In cases like that it's not normally removed.

You know how to contact us via the helpdesk now, so feel free to head over there if you want something done and we'll look into it.

MartinD

Retired Staff
Verified Provider
Retired Staff
Wow wow wow. Rewind there.

It wasn't a lazy reply or a lie - we don't delete posts, but we can/do hide them. I can't see your PM (there's too many) but I'm quite sure there was a good reason not to shift it at the time. Feel free to contact me again if you want further clarification or to re-visit the issue but please don't throw accusations around like that.

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Alrighty! I just responded to about 10 PMs that were pending a response from me... so if you contacted me in the past week or two those should be updated.

Mid

Wow wow wow. Rewind there.

It wasn't a lazy reply or a lie - we don't delete posts, but we can/do hide them. I can't see your PM (there's too many) but I'm quite sure there was a good reason not to shift it at the time. Feel free to contact me again if you want further clarification or to re-visit the issue but please don't throw accusations around like that.
I might have understood that you said like "we can't delete posts" (I remember I replied saying "strange practice"). After seeing posts being deleted (by MannDude), I came to that conclusion.

Why do you view it as any harm done to you?, it should not be an issue to you now as well.  :)

amuck-landowner