amuck-landowner

Why to suspend spamvertised website based on an SPAMCop email?

ICPH

Why to suspend spamvertised website based on an single SPAMCop email?

Cloudshards says that it does not appear to be a legit website.

But i need to explain my client the reason.. i did not found anything illegal on that website.

Last edited by a moderator:

ICPH

One spamcop email reporting an email sent from someone elses server and in that email someone mention link to a website hosted on my server i dont feel like solid reason to suspend site that dont look suspicious. What reason then i need to tell my client? that someone sent SPAM email and mentioned link to this website in it?

Last edited by a moderator:

DomainBop

Dormant VPSB Pathogen
Spamvertising is the practice of sending E-mail spam, advertising a website.

Most legitimate website providers do not tolerate this practice, and will delete any site that has been spamvertised.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spamvertising

an email sent from someone elses server and in that email someone mention link to a website hosted on my server i dont feel like solid reason to suspend site that dont look suspicious.
Spammer's rarely, if ever, send their advertising email from the same server as the website they're advertising.  It's almost always sent from "someone else's server".

i did not found anything illegal on that website.
It doesn't matter whether the contents of the website are legal/legit. If they're advertising a website that is hosted on a server in the US by sending SPAM emails then they are violating the US CAN-SPAM law which is illegal.

Aldryic C'boas

The Pony
Double-edged sword.  It's rare you see that happen, as most amateur hosts will ignore spamtervising reports, and you end up just giving your target free publicity.  It would be like renting an ICBM in the hopes that your target *might* be in the area it hits.

amuck-landowner