amuck-landowner

Gamers Impact - Last Man Standing & TF2 Events with Prizes for Finalists and Viewers

KS_Samuel

Verified Provider
Gamers Impact is very excited to announce our plans for the 2014 Extra Life event, featuring two charities which we have great admiration for.  We have a great day planned for October 25th, which features events in Team Fortress 2 and RUST.  All proceeds raised during these events will go directly to help support Extra-Life and the AbleGamers Foundation!  We will also be giving away over $5,000 in cash, gear, and merchandise, generously gifted by our sponsors, to our registered viewers and donors.  

Gamers Impact is excited to announce our event benefiting Extra-Life and AbleGamers. We have great admiration for both these charities, which dedicate their time to enriching children’s lives through gaming. All donations received during this event will go directly to the charities and, to promote the charitable spirit, our sponsors have donated over $5,000 in cash, gear and merchandise to give away to our viewers and donors.

Our 3 part charity drive kicks off with the Team Fortress 2 event and the RUST event, which will both run concurrently on October 25th.  We will continue the action into November with our final Counter Strike: Global Offensive event, during which we will also give away our grand prizes to a handful of lucky donors.

Gamers Impact’s first tournament features arguably four of the finest European & North American Team Fortress 2 teams ever to face off in an invite-only round-robin clash, with a prize pool of $250 and 6 ZOWIE mice

Date: October 25th, Starting At: 16:00 PM CEST / 10:00 AM EST
Event: A four team NA vs EU Team Fortress 2 tournament featuring:  Planet Express, ESHOCK eSports,  Street Hoops eSports, and Ding Dong Daddy.

Drawing Prizes Include:

• ZOWIE mice
  • Headsets
  • Game surfaces
  • TF2 hats and in game cosmetic items
  • Jerseys
  • t-Shirts; and more! 

A complete lineup of prizes for this event can be seen here

For RUST we will be hosting a big 200 player, last man standing event with cash prizes for the winners.  The tournament is online, but we will be hosting the event live in Boston at the headquarters for Spartan Race, and will include audience driven freestyle by Anemic Raggs!  This is sure to be a total free for all, as each player will only receive one life!  Do you think you have what it takes to be the last man standing and possibly win a cash prize? Be sure to enter and give it your best shot!

Date: October 25th, 14:00 PM CEST / 08:00 AM EST
Event: 200 Man, Last Man Standing
Event Prizes:

• 1st - $500
  • 2nd - $300
  • 3rd - $200
Every participant will have the ability to donate their winnings to charity and WE WILL MATCH IT!

Donator Prizes Include:

• Razer Black Widow Chroma
  • SteelSeries 5HV3
  • Steam Gift Cards
  • Jerseys
  • t-Shirts and More! 
A complete lineup of prizes can be seen here

How To Enter: For every $5 that you donate (via the Gamers Impact’s donor link) to Extra Life or AbleGamers, you’ll receive one additional entry into the massive drawing.  All registered viewers are eligible to win prizes, donating simply increases your number of entries, and makes you eligible to win the higher value donor only prizes.  

You must sign up over on gamersimpact.org, click on “register now”

100% of your donation will be going towards Extra-Life and AbleGamers. (Note: The more you donate, the better shot you have at walking away with some awesome prizes!)

Sponsors:

Live Streams:

Social Media:

Twitter: @gamersimpactorg

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/GamersImpact

About the Charities:

The AbleGamers Foundation is a non-profit public charity that aims to make video games accessible to those with disabilities. It provides them with the opportunities to experience situations that may be difficult or limited in the real world; as well as maintain mental and emotional health by social networking and participating in one of the world’s largest pastimes.

Extra Life is part of the Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals which supports 170 children’s hospitals across the United States and Canada. Extra life is dedicated to saving and improving the lives of as many children as possible. Extra Life is primarily funded through fund raisers within the video gaming community.

Last edited by a moderator:

HalfEatenPie

The Irrational One
Retired Staff
Donated and Excited to see this happen!

I'm probably more excited about the Rust and the CS:GO competition than anything else! 

Mark your calendars!

fixidixi

@MannDude:

is there any option to dismiss the bar on top of the forum? I've read this article already but its bugging me :( //could dismiss it via adblock but thats not the way I'd do it :)

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
@MannDude:

is there any option to dismiss the bar on top of the forum? I've read this article already but its bugging me :( //could dismiss it via adblock but thats not the way I'd do it :)
Unfortunately there is no way to, at least not without customizing the hook and I'm not sure how to proceed with it really. Sorry.

kunnu

Verified Provider
@MannDude:

Install "Stylish" firefox plugin (Maybe also available for other browser) and use css code to hide or modify any contents of this forum or any website.

KS_Phillip

Verified Provider
Today's CounterStrike event is over now, correct? The write-up on this thread didn't mention it but it's mentioned https://vpsboard.com/gamersimpact/ and on the site.

How did the event turn out as a whole?
Yep, we're all done.  Raised a total of $6,612 and had a lot of fun.  Thanks to all of those who donated or assisted, and congratulations to those who won prizes.

amuck-landowner