amuck-landowner

A billing panel I am writing in my spare time

RTGHM

I had two hours of spare time, and started building Twixy. Twixy is modeled after the WHMCS frontend interface (just re-created it to best of abilities), with a powerful framework under-the-hood.

When I get around to finishing it, I'll be releasing the source code. Previews:

http://imgur.com/ccxpso8,LfIc5ef,kxCMBAc,VhUWyhk

Looks very similar to WHMCS, I know, however, none of the code is the same.

Tell me what you think of it. I'm not working on it 24x7, just doing it for a spare-time project.

KuJoe

Verified Provider
Looks like a screenshots from WHMCS. My advice is either use a unique frontend or post some screenshots that make it stand out from WHMCS. Right now it doesn't tell us anything except that you took a screenshots of WHMCS.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hxxx

I think that even if the code is totally different, it might cause an issue with copyright. What you guys think?

KuJoe

Verified Provider
I've seen another billing system that used the exact same theme as WHMCS, ended up being a direct rip of an older nulled version of WHMCS so I would never use anything that looked like WHMCS just because if I tried using it, people would assume it's WHMCS and my domain wouldn't pass the WHMCS license check and thus kill any credibility of the website.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
What they said. 

Get your own design done.  Lots of creative folks to do such on cheap or buy an admin template for the look and feel.

Get to coding.  Glad to have more options out here.

RTGHM

Yeah, I know, it looks like WHMCS frontend, I had to update it to a newer one.

I am not a designer, so I'm having someone design it for me.

KuJoe

Verified Provider
So you wrote a plugin to change the appearance of WHMCS's error messages? :p

notFound

Don't take me seriously!
Verified Provider
I don't see the point, even if you didn't copy WHMCS's code, the frontend is still the same so why would I use yours instead of WHMCS who have cPanel and their developers backing them? Makes no sense to me.

RTGHM

I don't see the point, even if you didn't copy WHMCS's code, the frontend is still the same so why would I use yours instead of WHMCS who have cPanel and their developers backing them? Makes no sense to me.
Well, first of all, we're changing the frontend to a new one right now, secondly, we're 100% open-source and will be up on github for all to download/use/modify/etc.

So, if you're looking at advantages over WHMCS, to be frank, the only real advantage we can offer you is 100% code freedom, you can modify, make it your own, etc. and don't have to leave any credits to use. It's 100% free to use, modify.

EnveraHost

@RTGHM It's good an all that your doing this. As @Aldryic C'boas said unless it's an actual project you are taking on rather than something you did during your spare time. If it is DOA then no one will use it.

MikeIn

Maybe a project like this, where a Control panel of some short is in making need some dedicated time, Making it fully open source is a good idea, if some serious coders can get on to the project. But then a good documentation will be req. as well.

I could offer my support towards Front End UI designing (End User & Admin)... If the script has some core power with it do some basic connections, atleast.

RTGHM

@RTGHM I can contribute if its on git/svn etc.

Which particular PHP framework are you using?
I'm actually re-writing the whole thing on a custom framework. If you're interested I have a backup on cloud9 in a private machine, if you want to help develop it.

Asim

I'm actually re-writing the whole thing on a custom framework. If you're interested I have a backup on cloud9 in a private machine, if you want to help develop it.
Yes, I'd like to contribute even if its small contribution :)

Please share it with me via BitBucket (private-repo) or GitHub if you prefer. My username is asimzeeshan on both

Matt AH

Lol I thought you were joking when I saw the WHMCS conceptual design.

Nonetheless I am glad you are motivated in doing it!

amuck-landowner