amuck-landowner

Looking VPS for VPN $3-$5/yearly

Toast

Looking for cheap VPS that could be used for VPN.

Will purchase many single VPSes.

Minimum requirements needed:

• 32mb Ram
  • 16mb Swap
  • 2gb Disk space
  • 1 IPv4 (unsequential IP allocation preferred)
  • Ubuntu 14.04 64bit
  • Unlimited Bandwidth

Looking to spend around $2-$3 yearly.

Will entertain $4-$5 yearly

I'm aware of lowendstock, but looking for more providers.

Please PM me. Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

HalfEatenPie

The Irrational One
Retired Staff
The biggest problem is that... well...  

It's not really worth the costs and the trouble.

Paypal will already be eating like at minimum 10% of the money right there or something.  

Since you said "unmetered Bandwidth" that pretty much just scares me on how much you're actually planning on using (I mean using 1 TB Bandwidth a month is already wayyy over the costs for bandwidth).  

tldr: I don't think you're going to have much luck here mate.  Good luck though.  

Toast

I actually only use about 1gb a month of data, but the idea of having unlimited would of been nice. 100gb bandwidth would be sufficient if unlimited is a concern.

I actually have about 10 of these at bandwagonhost. I just don't like how they set my password and my ports automatically.

HalfEatenPie

The Irrational One
Retired Staff
Yeah ok clarifying that would have been much better.

Unmetered bandwidth really attracts people who want to run TOR Exit or TOR Relay nodes and those use up a ton of bandwidth.  So honestly I would never release an unmetered VPS Offer especially on those small marginal prices since it's so easy for them to be abused and then support tickets about "omg you said unmetered on 1 Gbps though!"

I mean your budget is still pretty small, but now I'd say it's more reasonable :p 

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Unlimited bandwidth on annual basis for $2-$5 per year?  Yeah, may I not troll thee back.  

Only such plan I can think of is 32mb.club,  renamed to Hostrail.net --> http://hostrail.net/

• 1.99/YearStarter
  • 64MB
  • Unlimited
  • 1.5GB RAID 1
  • Shared fair use
  • Nat IPV4 (Shared)
  • 131,072 (/111) Native
  • OpenVZ
  • By Ticket

DomainBop

Dormant VPSB Pathogen
Unlimited bandwidth on annual basis for $2-$5 per year?  Yeah, may I not troll thee back.  

Only such plan I can think of is 32mb.club,  renamed to Hostrail.net --> http://hostrail.net/

• 1.99/YearStarter
  • 64MB
  • Unlimited
  • 1.5GB RAID 1
  • Shared fair use
  • Nat IPV4 (Shared)
  • 131,072 (/111) Native
  • OpenVZ
  • By Ticket
100 Mbps port, no RAID, TOS states you can't use the CPU ("You must keep your CPU Usage below 2.5% (spikes up to 15 minutes are allowed")...and WTF was he thinking when he changed the name to HostRail?

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
100 Mbps port, no RAID, TOS states you can't use the CPU ("You must keep your CPU Usage below 2.5% (spikes up to 15 minutes are allowed")...and WTF was he thinking when he changed the name to HostRail?
OP didn't ask for port speed or RAID :)

CPU 2.5% is funny.   I don't think he really means 2.5%, but....

Hostrail, isn't that / wasn't that the name of an old #hostfail ?  Better than 32mb.club for a name.

Toast

VPS Enthusiast, do you know of any others that aren't on lowendstock?

Thanks again

amuck-landowner