amuck-landowner

VPS Request for a P2H Site?

Status
Not open for further replies.

makan

Hello. My name is Makan D and I am the owner of the following websites:

https://boxcwebsites.com
https://boxc.club

I wanted to ask if anyone would like to sponsor us some VPS for our coming BOXC Club P2H Forum?

I would like to get some people to sponsor us some VPS because we want to get people to start posting to get points and from there they can send in request for a VPS. I will be putting my own resources forward too to help, but I need some help from everyone else too! I will make it so that when they post, they get points. Which then they can exchange points for VPS.

Well I own my own hosting business at https://boxcwebsites.com but I really don't provide VPS yet. So you know I can be successful!

You will in return get a lifetime linkback / Banner to your site on BOXC Club and I can give you a 4 months of a free ad on BOXC Websites. I have been hosting more then 200 free people and then around 20+ paid. Not that big, but I am pretty new and I can handle the heat! We will also tell whoever that host with you guys to give a linkback if it is a proper site.

I have the domain, and everything up already, just looking for sponsors to actually get started! I need free ones because I currently am just starting! If I get some $ from the ad revenue then I can start paying to get the VPS.

If you can sponsor us, can you PM me your skype or just list it below so we can talk some more?

Sorry if this might be in the wrong category! Thanks!

RTGHM

The issue you're going to run into is abuse.

Abuse is the death of all "p2h" hosts. You're asking for a host to sponsor you a server, on top of that you'll want cPanel, so them to give you a cPanel license, and and and.......

I doubt you'll find a provider willing to do this.

Last edited by a moderator:

raindog308

vpsBoard Premium Member

Abuse is the death of all "p2h" hosts. You're asking for a host to sponsor you a server, on top of that you'll want cPanel, so them to give you a cPanel license, and and and.......
Yep.

There's really no business model that supports free hosting, except for the few who do it as a hobby.  So unless you're willing to pay for a monthly server (or VPS) cost + cpanel/WHM + some kind of user management tool (like WHMCS), you should abandon the idea.  Advertising might offset a little but you'll be paying $30-50 or more a month minimum for this hobby.

OP, you should

• read @KuJoe 's book on this.  It's free.
  • Go to freevps.us if you want a free VPS

KuJoe

Verified Provider
Send me your business plan along with a resume detailing your past experience in the field, then outline the steps to register a company in your country and I'll consider sponsoring you a few servers for a percentage of your company.

makan

I doubt you'll find a provider willing to do this.
Not really. As long as I and my team have a hand on checking the servers for abuse information, then it is fine. And actually I am also sponsoring myself too with cPanel hosting because I already have my own cPanel hosting business.

makan

Yep.

There's really no business model that supports free hosting, except for the few who do it as a hobby.  So unless you're willing to pay for a monthly server (or VPS) cost + cpanel/WHM + some kind of user management tool (like WHMCS), you should abandon the idea.  Advertising might offset a little but you'll be paying $30-50 or more a month minimum for this hobby.

OP, you should

• read @KuJoe 's book on this.  It's free.
  • Go to freevps.us if you want a free VPS
But this could be a help to find more potential customers. As a matter of fact, I was looking for a shared host for a cheap price and found it on an ad at one of these forums. So I think this could really be a money maker if you can send maybe like 1 or 2 VPS a month, or as much as you want.

makan

Send me your business plan along with a resume detailing your past experience in the field, then outline the steps to register a company in your country and I'll consider sponsoring you a few servers for a percentage of your company.
What do you mean by "percentage"?

KuJoe

Verified Provider
What do you mean by "percentage"?
I mean that I give you servers that are worth money so your business can grow and in return, you give me a percentage of your company so I have some ownership in it. If you don't want to give me a percentage, I can make up a payment plan where you pay me back for the servers plus interest after X amount of months.

A link or banner is not going to cover the costs of the servers or licenses so you'll need to provide something monetary in exchange for the resources being provided. The percentage is the better option because it's reliant on your company succeeding so if it doesn't take off, you won't be in debt.

Then again, this is all reliant that you create a real company. If you don't create a real company then nobody in their right mind would give you resources and be stuck with the kind of liability you're bringing to the table.

RTGHM

I mean that I give you servers that are worth money so your business can grow and in return, you give me a percentage of your company so I have some ownership in it. If you don't want to give me a percentage, I can make up a payment plan where you pay me back for the servers plus interest after X amount of months.

A link or banner is not going to cover the costs of the servers or licenses so you'll need to provide something monetary in exchange for the resources being provided. The percentage is the better option because it's reliant on your company succeeding so if it doesn't take off, you won't be in debt.

Then again, this is all reliant that you create a real company. If you don't create a real company then nobody in their right mind would give you resources and be stuck with the kind of liability you're bringing to the table.
It should be easy for him to get a company registration, LLC's are the easier to get, but a step up from that if he's UK citizen I believe (don't quote me on this) you can register a LTD in UK for around 40 gbp or something.

KuJoe

Verified Provider
It should be easy for him to get a company registration, LLC's are the easier to get, but a step up from that if he's UK citizen I believe (don't quote me on this) you can register a LTD in UK for around 40 gbp or something.
Hopefully it is that easy for him. Realistically though it looks like he's here for a handout to make some quick money before next semester because he hasn't even taken the basic steps to start a hosting company.

RTGHM

Hopefully it is that easy for him. Realistically though it looks like he's here for a handout to make some quick money before next semester because he hasn't even taken the basic steps to start a hosting company.
Yeah, but on a side note, KuJoe you should start up your free hosting business again - you'll do it correctly and without issues like new hosts have problems doing. I had a feeling since I saw this thread that he'll just run it for a few months, then leave. I guess summer came early.... in December.

KuJoe

Verified Provider
Yeah, but on a side note, KuJoe you should start up your free hosting business again - you'll do it correctly and without issues like new hosts have problems doing. I had a feeling since I saw this thread that he'll just run it for a few months, then leave. I guess summer came early.... in December.
I've been working on it off and on. I just did a re-write of the client management system and already have some users that are actively hosting websites. I just haven't gotten around to advertising it, that's why I was curious about this thread so I can take the work I've already put into it and hand it off to somebody to see how they use it.

makan

Don't need anything to expensive. Maybe just a server that is something like $5 / monthly or less. I believe ads can cover that cost much.

WSWD

Verified Provider
Don't need anything to expensive. Maybe just a server that is something like $5 / monthly or less. I believe ads can cover that cost much.
Then why not spend the $5/mo. yourself and cover that with the ad money?  If you think the cost can be covered, then do it yourself!

RTGHM

Here's a tip.

x10vps.com - get their first package, with cPanel, it'll run you about $18 per month, use google ads, profit

HalfEatenPie

The Irrational One
Retired Staff
Ok so I've been following this for a while and I figure I'll toss my ten cents in here.

When we sponsored a few VPSes for one of these post2host sites, it wasn't the best thing.  We ended up stopping our sponsorship because of the frequency of abusers (this P2H team does a great job in screening the applicants, but it wasn't worth it to deal with the ones they missed, especially since it uses up our time that we don't get paid for).  

The entire "Advertisement" portion of any of these offers (in my opinion) is a joke.  You're asked (or pay) to target individuals who are getting the product for free.  Why would they buy from the provider that's advertising instead of getting the free VPS from your forum?  Also it's only for a few months?

I want to say what @KuJoe said is spot on.  

Then why not spend the $5/mo. yourself and cover that with the ad money?  If you think the cost can be covered, then do it yourself!
I have nothing else to add. Good luck on your P2H site, but from what I'm seeing you're asking for the "initial sponsors" to front most of the costs and you'll be taking all the "profits" (if there are any).  I'd personally be interested but only under the condition similar to what KuJoe stated.

Last edited by a moderator:

makan

All I am really actually asking is to simply give us maybe one or 2 VPSes to actually be able to work and get off the ground. I am not really asking for a couple hundred or something like that. I need something to start my first giveaway and get some users?

After that I can probably gather the money and pay for it myself.

RTGHM

All I am really actually asking is to simply give us maybe one or 2 VPSes to actually be able to work and get off the ground. I am not really asking for a couple hundred or something like that. I need something to start my first giveaway and get some users?

How about this, I'll loan you $500. You have 3 months to repay the loan, otherwise I own your whole business, deal?

trewq

Verified Provider

Just risk your own money instead of others. If you can't use your own then get a job and get some.

Status
Not open for further replies.
amuck-landowner