amuck-landowner

Facebook now requires phone and ID verification?

GaleDribble

A couple years ago I had a Facebook account but closed it as it was mostly unused and unwanted, but recently wanted to comment on some articles that I had a strong opinion about but the comments were Facebook only. Saddened, I decided to create a new account using an alias and a vpn. After setup, within an hour, the account was closed until I could provide verification/proof of identity...

Is there any way around this? I have no intention of using my real details simply for the fact that I don't want my name plastered on news sites that I (want to) comment on.

GaleDribble

Couldn't you 'revive' your old account in any way?
I could but my interest isn't using facebook itself it's just that I want to be able to comment on some local sites that only have facebook intergrated comments. But since everything is localized I don't really want to use my old, real Facebook account and instead would rather just join the conversation with an alias since that means it is less likely someone at work would complain to me.

Nyr

Use a clean IP plus a "real" name and you'll be fine, I do it from time to time.

switsys

I could but my interest isn't using facebook itself it's just that I want to be able to comment on some local sites that only have facebook intergrated comments. But since everything is localized I don't really want to use my old, real Facebook account and instead would rather just join the conversation with an alias since that means it is less likely someone at work would complain to me.
I thought your old account also was under a pseudonym, and that it might be easier looping through if you were to pick that up again.

I don't have a clue on facebook rules for new accounts, and I couldn't care less.

I wouldn't think that any substantial conversations took their place there anyway.  :p

amuck-landowner