amuck-landowner

Looking for VPS providers in North Carolina

OhmTown

Good evening, I'm looking for VPS providers in North Carolina. If you know of some great providers or are a provider, post away! smile.gif

Managed/Self-Managed (Doesn't matter.)
Preferably 1Gbps up/down stream.
Affordable plans and customizable plans to fit my needs.

If I can find a provider that I click with, expect multiple/long-term purchases and possibly in the future, the purchase of a dedicated server or two if available.

Thank you in advance,
S.

Last edited by a moderator:

hzr

#hashtagtwerkteam
VPS: Hostigation is great, in Caronet / Charlotte, NC datacentre. It's almost my 2 year anniversary.

eDZldsa.png

------------

If you just want very cheap dedicated servers: Dacentec has $40/m dedis and all of their servers are on 1gbit.

OhmTown

VPS: Hostigation is great, in Caronet / Charlotte, NC datacentre. It's almost my 2 year anniversary.

eDZldsa.png

------------

If you just want very cheap dedicated servers: Dacentec has $40/m dedis and all of their servers are on 1gbit.
Awesome, that's great! I jumped right to Dacentec and see their lowest Dedi plan is $50. Is there a promotion for $40 or has the price last changed? 

Hostigation is out of stock in Charlotte. :/

RobertM

Are you specifically looking for datacentres located in North Carolina, or companies based out of North Carolina?

OhmTown

Are you specifically looking for datacentres located in North Carolina, or companies based out of North Carolina?
Companies providing services that have their servers based in NC data centers.

sleddog

I've been very happy with fapvps.com for ~2 years. Excellent performance and responsive, knowledgeable support. Only 100 MBPS though.

They're in North Carolina with Dacentric.

ExonHost

Verified Provider
Why don't you have your North Carolina data center listed on your site or network status page? Can you provide some details on which data center you're using?
We are using Dacentec. We started colocating with dacentec from this month. We'll update our network page soon.

Thanks.

DomainBop

Dormant VPSB Pathogen
Probably the oldest host in North Carolina: AIT.com, in business since 1995 and they own a large datacenter in Fayetteville.

OhmTown

Probably the oldest host in North Carolina: AIT.com, in business since 1995 and they own a large datacenter in Fayetteville.
Really? I live in Fay and haven't heard of a locally owned DC. I must check this out, thanks!

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Dacentec runs a good operation (remember they are now owned by a largeish multiple DC owned company).

The RTO's aren't bad on price.  Nice provisioning last time I did a box setup there.

I *think* Dacentec was offering VPS accounts too... Not seeing them on public sales website though. Inquire.

Worth mentioning they are pushing dedicated servers (traditional rental model) now also... Not too sexy, but nice specs and right price all said:

Supermicro 6-bay Opteron 1354 8GB 2X2TB SATA Rent Only

8GB

2x2TB

SW

10TB

&

$35.00 USD / Monthly

I am hoping they push out a $25/mo similar box.  

amuck-landowner