amuck-landowner

Angry Complaint

FaroszV

I am not only utterly disappointed by the dismal service and support provided by Internap but even more so completely offended by the sheer lack of a spine the company has when it comes to handling contract disputes.

Internap was contracted as a web hosting provider some time ago and throughout the contract length service has been riddled with failures and crashes.

The icing on top of the cake has come about when services provided by Internap literally went down for weeks at a time, putting a full hold on daily operations.

Over the past few months we have not been able to access the servers.  After requesting several meetings and 2 months of run-around, they offered no valid reasoning but offered us another service.

The service Internap has provided does not work as we discussed with them (as advertised) We finally said that we have to move to new provider when asking for cancelation, they said we would have to pay thousands in Early Termination Fees (ETFs). 

The original four components of what Internap had been contracted for all failed and at not a single point during support ticketing were these items resolved even though simple changes were all that needed to be made. Included and not limited to:

Failure to provide proper access to perform necessary network alterations

Important updates were refused to be performed by Internap even though originally part of the contract

Various product components were not provided as to allow for full use of said services contracted

Within the 4 month span of the major issues experienced there were upwards of 2 basic issues per day pertaining to inability to perform necessary tasks due to service dropoff. The contract guidelines supplied by Internap explicitly state the customers right to Credits and or Service Cancellation with a minimum of 4 recorded disputes.

Internap now wishes to charge a tremendous amount of money in Early Termination Fees although services provided were "not as advertised" and "not as agreed upon" under contract terms.

[SIZE=12.8000001907349px]Support is abysmal. NOC managers do not respond in a timely manner and provide zero assistance in matters of support ticket failures.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12.8000001907349px]At every level these matters have been met with nothing but incompetence, lack of genuine care and utter failure in resolving any issues whatsoever.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12.8000001907349px]Avoid Internap at all costs. Absolutely the worst experience with a Hosting Provider ever. [/SIZE]

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
These things happen.  Not the first time and won't be the last.

Contract law.

Pull all paperwork with a signature and all documents reference in said signed docs.

Review that bundle and nothing else.  If it's not in there then and agreed to it's not going to be enforceable.

Draw up a timeline also - all events start until end.

HalfEatenPie

The Irrational One
Retired Staff
I hate to say it but individuals who just create an account to post something like this on a forum I can't really take seriously.

Mostly since these individuals are people who are "give me X or else I'm going to spread rumors about you on 'social media'".  

If you can provide proof, I'd be a little interested.  But even right now, it's nothing interesting.  

KuJoe

Verified Provider
I hate to say it but individuals who just create an account to post something like this on a forum I can't really take seriously.

Mostly since these individuals are people who are "give me X or else I'm going to spread rumors about you on 'social media'".  

If you can provide proof, I'd be a little interested.  But even right now, it's nothing interesting.  
I agree 100%. The complete lack of any details other than "Company XYZ is horrible because of these vague, non-specific reasons". If they powered off your servers then tell us that. We need specifics if you expect us to get on board with your rage and if you really want people to avoid Internap.

For example:

"They powered off my server and didn't power it back on" holds a lot more weight than just saying "they failed to deliver on agreed upon services".

Saying "The original four components of what Internap had been contracted for all failed" doesn't mean anything to those of us who aren't privy to your contract. For all we know the four components could be:

1) Must provide all e-mails in 13 point font.

2) Must provide yellow and blue paper cups for all meetings.

3) Must provide adequate spacing between lines when responding to support tickets.

4) Must provide a monthly e-mail wishing us good luck and joyous times for that month.

TheLinuxBug

Okay, so I have my doubts about this as well.  The company I work with uses Internap for our up-link provider in all of our datacenters (3 across the US) for over a year now and we have had maybe 1 major incident with the network which they were able to resolve quickly.

That said, I am assuming you are using hosting products provided by them and not network connectivity, so obviously we are talking about a different department of Internap.  So, maybe their hosting services are not that good, but I am not sure that colors the use of their network and the responsiveness of their Network Operations group.   

In fact, the only real downfall with their support I ever saw was over this past Christmas when they seemed understaffed (understandable as it was Christmas holiday) and it took a good 5 hours+ to resolve an issue with their CDN services which I do feel could have been dealt with a bit more quickly.  However, as stated, it was a US holiday so they deserve a little bit of a break on that.

My complaint about the OP is the fact they they seem to fail to realize that they provide many different services and it may be that he is having issues with that specific department, but I am not sure that should color the provider overall as bad. To me it sounds like you have had a bad experience and likely instead of working with them got frustrated and decided to take it out on them in public.  My hope would be that you could provide more information on what actually happened so we can see if there truly was something to hold them accountable for.  So far it just sounds like a child who didn't get what they wanted running around stomping their feet, so I will take this with a grain of salt and I suggest anyone reading does the same.

my 2 cents. 

Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:

fixidixi

I think for the time being threads created by a user with 1 post should be only visible to community members to avoid "review's" and threads like this or the other way around..

TheLinuxBug

Hey @HalfEatenPie - Just thinking out loud here -  I think you should consider changing the title of this thread to something else, I don't think the OP is coming back and if they don't have anything to back-up their load of BS I see no reason this thread needs to be indexed by Google with that title as I don't believe Internap is deserving of such.  Up to you guys or course... but figured I would at least suggest it.

Cheers!

fixidixi

@TheLinuxBug:

+1

If someone just does a quick google search they are going to see the titles only and it can be bad for any company.

If someone would actually read the whole thread then it would the straight forward that the topic opener is .. well at the very least a very strange person..

HalfEatenPie

The Irrational One
Retired Staff
Hey @HalfEatenPie - Just thinking out loud here -  I think you should consider changing the title of this thread to something else, I don't think the OP is coming back and if they don't have anything to back-up their load of BS I see no reason this thread needs to be indexed by Google with that title as I don't believe Internap is deserving of such.  Up to you guys or course... but figured I would at least suggest it.

Cheers!
@TheLinuxBug:

+1

If someone just does a quick google search they are going to see the titles only and it can be bad for any company.

If someone would actually read the whole thread then it would the straight forward that the topic opener is .. well at the very least a very strange person..
I'm not creative with the title.  

Anyways, simply for documetnation purposes:

Title was changed from "Internap - Avoid at All Cost" to "Angry Complaint"... Since this is an Angry non-verifiable complaint with little to no real detail.  

amuck-landowner