amuck-landowner

GreenValueHost is moving again.

Minmeo

Got this email today

Dear Valued Client,

GreenValueHost is committed to customer service and high quality. Recently our customers hosted at our Amsterdam location have been expressing some concern with the hardware performance of their products. We take your feedback very seriously and as such we’ve put a plan together to improve the level of service we are providing our clients currently hosted in Amsterdam.

In order to achieve our goals of providing a better virtualization and customer support experience for our effected customers, effective TBA, Amsterdam users will be migrated to our newest, ultra-high performance, nodes hosted at our Buffalo datacenter. These new servers will provide you with the raw speed our customers deserve. The new systems include the following specifications:

Dual Xeon E5-2620v2 Hex Core

8 x 1TB Intel SSD (very fast I/O)

LSI 9271-8i Hardware RAID-50

128GB DDR3 ECC RAM

Customers in Amsterdam formerly were hosted on Xeon E3-1240v3 and Dual E5-2620v3 nodes with inferior specifications (Enterprise SATA drives, less RAM, software raid, inferior hardware RAID cards), however with this new setup (and the free upgrade to SSD storage!), we can assure you that you will be even more satisfied with your new service.

Our Buffalo, New York network is powered by ColoCrossing’s premium network blend consisting of Tier-1 bandwidth carriers, ensuring stellar connectivity and uptime.

While we are sensitive that this transition may present issues for some due to the overseas location change, we are confident that this new enhancement will bring forth positive changes that will benefit all impacted customers.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us via our helpdesk.

Thank you,
GreenValueHost

They changed my IP address last week and now are moving me out of the country to the USA. I dont use this vps very much but I dont want a USA vps (I already have one). :(

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Hahaha sounds like John Biloh wrote that....  Typical salesmanship in stuff he writes.  But he forgot to throw in the 75% LIMITED TIME DISCOUNT PROMO CRAZY! at the end.

"Tier-1 bandwidth"  --- who are they f'n kidding with that?  What even is the CC mix this quarter?

Plus they left out all their PCI compliances and other imaginary things.

This is good for customers though.  Buffalo and Amsterdam are neighboring communities, next door neighbors.  Nevermind the entire east side of New York and that tiny puddle of water called the Atlantic Ocean....

DomainBop

Dormant VPSB Pathogen
When did Intel start offering 1TB SSD's?
Answer: Never

Even if they did make them (which they don't), I don't see any daycare center purchases for 1TB Intel SSDs.  I do however see some purchases for Samsung mz-7te1t0bw 1TB SSD drives

http://appext20.dos.ny.gov/ASPIMGView/imgview.aspx?pdocid=29386259&pidmname=DEFAULT&pApp=UCC

This is good for customers though.  Buffalo and Amsterdam are neighboring communities, next door neighbors.
I don't see any mention in the announcement that he will be giving pro-rata refunds to any customer who isn't happy with the migration.  If you advertise a service with a specific feature (Amsterdam location) and aren't able to continue delivering what you advertised you owe the customer a pro-rated refund.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
There are other issues too...

Aren't there EU privacy and data laws protecting data out migration like this?

Plus I think AMS customers, some, were surcharged for services in AMS.  Perhaps the base amount was more and I do recall IPs costing more.  All of which would be refunds.

Lucky for customers, GVH actually does issue refunds.  Unlike their other Colocrossing shell companies which do not.

Obvious issue with all of this is we see GVH going back to Colocrossing only again.   When that happens, companies either close shop or fail, usually....

William

pr0
Verified Provider
Didn't they get their original IPs revoked by @William?

This is hilarious though. "Buffalo is basically Amsterdam"
Correct, after ignoring lots (= 10+) of abuse mails about phishing in the network (and after that multiple mails where i did withdraw the LOA and requested that the network is removed) - Phoenixnap ignored me as well - Their upstreams had to step in and set ACLs to prevent them from annoucing the network anymore. (which means i had to send my passport around the world to 20+ people/companies in a LOT of jurisdictions, seriously pisses me off).

The network, as of today, is still announced by PhoenixNAP and in use by GVH - I have no real way to force them to stop either, only on legal way (which is already in progress against both, as well as the defamation lawsuit against GVH and Jon).

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Didn't they get their original IPs revoked by @William?

This is hilarious though. "Buffalo is basically Amsterdam"
William revoked IPs because GVH booted him from the 100TB plan they discontinued and then reported him to FraudRecord for being a bad customer.  William said he was unaware of the subdelegation of the IPs to a reseller who then delegated them to GVH.

Now, that matter I am blah about.   

It never made sense to me about the IP delegation and reseller in the middle.   LOA paperwork has to be done and that's original owner of IPs + the customer using them + the datacenters doing announce(s).   I am not clear on how someone gets delegated block and the owner is unaware of who is getting that block.

I bring this up because Alexander from HostUs is trying to tell the same story on LET about his IP sub delegation (after William yanked the IPs and GVH needed new ones) and being unaware of GVH as end company for a /24 block.  I know Alexander is full of elephant shit about his IP issuance to GVH, contrary to the fiction that gets published on Lowendtalk.

William

pr0
Verified Provider
William revoked IPs because GVH booted him from the 100TB plan they discontinued and then reported him to FraudRecord for being a bad customer.  William said he was unaware of the subdelegation of the IPs to a reseller who then delegated them to GVH.
Sort of. I did not know but assumed GVH used them (I'm not an idiot and keep track of who uses my IPs) and it was no real issue for me - Honestly i do rent to a bunch far more shady people than them, it's not an issue for me, the reseller/GVH was one of the least problematic ones abuse wise.

I cancelled the contract with my reseller after GVH cancelled my plan (and refunded me fully, should note that) - This had a 1 month notice which was imposed by me as my reseller had NO contract with me so i applied the default 1 month as outlined in my ToS (which are not public but of course available/provided to all my customers/resellers), i had any right to do this regardless of the cancellation reason (call it revenge, call it whatever, fact is i owned this IPs and my reseller had no contract and i did what i wanted to do).

Later (2-3 days later) multiple abuse reports started to flow in for phishing which were ignored when forwarded to both GVH and PhoenixNAP - Thus i, in accordance with my ToS and with information to my reseller/customer, issued an immediate LOA withdrawal to both GVH and PhoenixNAP which was ignored, for the rest see the post above.

It never made sense to me about the IP delegation and reseller in the middle.   LOA paperwork has to be done and that's original owner of IPs + the customer using them + the datacenters doing announce(s).   I am not clear on how someone gets delegated block and the owner is unaware of who is getting that block.
My reseller requested a LOA on PhoenixNAP - I issued that. It did not name GVH in it at all. RIPE further works usually with route objects without LOA.

Last edited by a moderator:

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
What's even funnier about all of this is lil' Jonny advertised Amsterdam as a location just 5 days ago on WHT: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1447754&

Are you telling me that this decision was made within the last 5 days? Why the rush?

Didn't he do this once already? Offer Amsterdam, stop offering it, move everyone. Offer it again? (Sort of like his 100TB plans, shared/reseller, etc) What a joke.

Aldryic C'boas

The Pony
If I were to put a wager on it, my bet is that he managed to go far enough into debt to Biloh that he was either given the option of pay up immediately, or move everything he had to CC.  A sound move on Biloh's part - even if CC didn't want to absorb the services little Johnny Witless sold at ridiculous cost loss, Biloh now has him completely by the balls and GVH can't even do a runner/migration to avoid the debt.  Puts everyones least favourite Suicide Girl in the position of `pay your bills, or lose it all`.

If my hunch on that is right, then we may be (thankfully) finally approaching the end game on these kids.  Another couple months of drama, then we'll never have to hear of them again.

DomainBop

Dormant VPSB Pathogen
Lucky for customers, GVH actually does issue refunds.  Unlike their other Colocrossing shell companies which do not.
GVH issues refunds after the customer opens a thread on WHT/LET to complain about GVH refusing to issue a refund (the last such thread was a few days ago: Jonny refused to give a refund and told the customer they would lose if they filed a PayPal dispute because it was an intangible item). 

GreenValueHost operates the same sleazebag way that ChicagoVPS does by abusing PayPal's intangible items policy. The only difference between them is Jonny will bend like a little momma's boy under public pressure.  Otherwise not much difference (especially when you consider that both giants of the hosting industry have/have had CEOs who did double duty as retail clerks by day, CEO by night)

If I were to put a wager on it, my bet is that he managed to go far enough into debt to Biloh that he was either given the option of pay up immediately, or move everything he had to CC.
Isn't that basically what happened with the non-CC US locations a few months ago? GVH ran up a bunch of small debt, and the non-CC US nodes were migrated to CC.

JNguyen: "To be completely honest with you, at one point in time when we still had nodes with QuadraNet, we were over $1000 in debt to QuadraNet and nearly $2000 in debt to ColoCrossing at the same time."

Hxxx

GVH issues refunds after the customer opens a thread on WHT/LET to complain about GVH refusing to issue a refund (the last such thread was a few days ago: Jonny refused to give a refund and told the customer they would lose if they filed a PayPal dispute because it was an intangible item). 

GreenValueHost operates the same sleazebag way that ChicagoVPS does by abusing PayPal's intangible items policy. The only difference between them is Jonny will bend like a little momma's boy under public pressure.  Otherwise not much difference (especially when you consider that both giants of the hosting industry have/have had CEOs who did double duty as retail clerks by day, CEO by night)

Isn't that basically what happened with the non-CC US locations a few months ago? GVH ran up a bunch of small debt, and the non-CC US nodes were migrated to CC.
PayPal need to cover intangible items like they did in UK: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1383852

If I were to put a wager on it, my bet is that he managed to go far enough into debt to Biloh that he was either given the option of pay up immediately, or move everything he had to CC.  A sound move on Biloh's part - even if CC didn't want to absorb the services little Johnny Witless sold at ridiculous cost loss, Biloh now has him completely by the balls and GVH can't even do a runner/migration to avoid the debt.  Puts everyones least favourite Suicide Girl in the position of `pay your bills, or lose it all`.

If my hunch on that is right, then we may be (thankfully) finally approaching the end game on these kids.  Another couple months of drama, then we'll never have to hear of them again.
Priceless... Suicide Girl .LOL that was great.

DomainBop

Dormant VPSB Pathogen
Poor PhoenixNAP, I wonder if they realize they sold to a minor?
Technically they sold to a corporation.

Did GVH go back to PhoenixNAP in Amsterdam or did the move to Singlehop never happen? Last April Jonny posted on LET they were switching from PhoenixNAP to Singlehop in Amsterdam...that was at the same time he announced a move to Quadranet in Dallas and LA (less than 3 months later the Quadranet nodes were migrated back to CC).

Things are getting better slow and steady. Rushing things was what caused a complete mess of our company earlier this year and we've learned from it. We're nearly finished moving CC Dallas to QuadraNet Dallas which will allow for IPv6 support and also we're in the progress of moving CC Los Angeles to QuadraNet Los Angeles which will allow IPv6 in addition to Asian optimized IPs. Also, something else that customers may notice is that we've started deploying more Dual Quad core servers as opposed to E3s for increased reliability. 

The change from PhoenixNap -> SingleHop for new Amsterdam VPS deployments will be happening soon which will allow for discounted internal cPanel/WHM licenses, discounted EU IPv4 addresses, free SSLs, and better network connectivity.

http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/557231/#Comment_557231

Edit: just noticed the "Oh shit, William pulled our IPs" announcement from the 17th: :p

Emergency Replacement of ALL 194.x IPv4 Addresses in Amsterdam

Valued Clients,

We are performing emergency IPv4 swaps for all IPv4 addresses in our Amsterdam location beginning with 194.

The IP addresses affected are all IP addresses under the /24 subnet "194.68.223.0/24".

New IP addresses will be allocated from our legacy (early registration) ARIN subnet that we have announced to Amsterdam to PhoenixNap's AS. This IP subnet is 162.245.222.0/24. These IP addresses will geolocate to a US location HOWEVER they are ROUTED to our Amsterdam network without any additional latency. This can be verified by performing a traceroute to the IP address allocated to your virtual server.

This procedure is being done as an emergency measure as we are unable to further maintain our 194.x IP addresses. As soon as this email is sent, we will immediately begin replacing IP addresses. If you have a 194.x IP address, any 194.x IP addresses that you have will be swapped with a 162.x IP address and your virtual server will be rebooted upon completion of IP address reassignment.

We understand the inconveniences that this may cause and we deeply apologize that it has come to this. We are willing to provide adequate compensation for clients who experience inconveniences from this unfortunate IP swap. To claim compensation credit, please submit a ticket to our management department using the GreenValueHost client area.

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

GreenValueHost NOC

Saturday, January 17, 2015

msp - nick

Verified Provider
Well, that's what you get when you mess about. You get pulled, though never heard of it before.

Good luck to 'em.

GIANT_CRAB

IIRC, this has something to do with William. 

I'm unsure if he would allow me to disclose it but if he does, prepare your popcorn. :)

k0nsl

Bad Goy
This is good news (the IP issue too). With some hope these antics will cause an uproar with quite a lot of their customers where the ideal scenario is; they ditch that joke company and stop feeding it, thus speeding up the process for GVH to die.

amuck-landowner